This hotel is on the outskirts of Falmouth with good sea views, extensive gardens and a high quality spa. The spa is popular locally as are regular fitness/yoga classes which makes the hotel car park a busy one day and night, but for new arrivals its some confort that there is usually space in adjacent streets or a large public car park near the beach. The hotel has a stylish modern nautical vibe and has bright/cheerful decor - mainly pale blues and whites in the public areas.
The room we stayed in (27) was spacious and looked recently refurbished, with a modern well appointed bathroom and a balcony area which had good views of the gardens. The bed was comfortable and the rooms was quiet in the evening.
The spa is a real plus point. The pool is a reasonable size (for a hotel) with jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. The gym has a good range of equipment. Staff knew their stuff and were keen to help. Facilities were well used when we visited (clearly popular with local residents as well as hotel visitors) but had plenty of spare capacity.
We ate dinner in the restaurant with older friends who we thought might be picky eaters. But everyone was pleased with the range of the menu, the quality of food/cooking on offer and the restaurant staff who helped make it a very enjoyable evening. Just the right mix of friendliness and service. At breakfast there was a good range at the cold and hot buffet. As is often the case tho, for late risers the hot food had been sitting around on hot plates for a while, was a bit overcooked and could have been warmer, but I'm afraid that's a commonplace in hotel buffets.
From our visit it was clear this hotel is deservedly popular with a wide raning clientele - business travellers, families and older couples. Well worth considering if you are looking for somewhereto stay in the Falmouth area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in tranquil gardens, overlooking Gyllyngvase Beach and a short walk from Falmouth town centre. Award winning Health Club & Spa, featuring ELEMIS treatments. Indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms. Flying Fish Restaurant, specialising in locally sourced cuisine, with relaxing bar and lounge. Business facilities, including meeting and event spaces. Comfortable rooms, featuring free WiFi. Family Rooms and extensive guest activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your St Michael's Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Michael`s Hotel And Spa
- St Michael`s Hotel Falmouth
- St Michaels Spa Falmouth
- St Michaels Hotel & Spa
- St Michaels Falmouth
- St Michael's Hotel & Spa Falmouth, Cornwall