“Spa Weekend - Perfect Setting”

St Michael's Hotel & Spa
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed June 6, 2011

My husband booked a Spa Weekend for myself and friend and wow it was great. The hotel is spacious, clean the staff so friendly and nothing was too much trouble. the food was excellent lots of choice to suit all tastes.

We also took full advantage of the ESPA Spa located in the Hotel and came home feeling relaxed and pampered, the girls were lovely. The swimming pool was an added bonus and was very impressed with the changing rooms hairdryers and GHD straigteners!!

Cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
StMichaelsHotel, General Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2011

We aim for you to leave us feeling great and looking good! Your review is well received, and confirms to us that our continued attention to detail, such as GHDs, is all worth it! Thanks so much for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed June 5, 2011

fantastic service by all the staff, great food, rooms looked great. We have had christmas parties and other parties for the last 3 years and we wil be back again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
StMichaelsHotel, General Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2011

Your review says all that we could hope to hear. Our Christmas Party Night brochure is available now, so remember to come back and see us again this year, or sooner; it would be a pleasure to welcome you back. Also, we are soon due to start a Friday Club, so come in and join us after work for some food and a drink on the terrace. meet@stmichaelshotel.co.uk for details. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed June 3, 2011

We booked one night stay as a celebratory treat, The hotel is very clean and well decorated. We liked our room on the ground floor with french doors out to the garden.
However we did have a personal complaint about a comment made by a member of staff, we have written to the the owner but so far have had no response whatsoever.
Disapointing to say the least

1  Thank Nellie50

My response to your letter has taken a little longer that I would have liked, as I myself was away on holiday; and prefer to respond personally.
As I mentioned in my letter to you (as I don’t receive any of this type usually, I can identify whom is reviewing) I have been unable to find out whom the member of staff is that made the comment, and without revealing what was said to other readers, I am certain that it would genuinely have been said in jest. However, as jest, it might be experienced in a pub setting, rather than what you would expect in a 4 star hotel.
I am appreciative that you have brought this to my attention, as it does ensure that we are aware of how our staff are perceived by guests.
As per my letter to you, I do hope that you will not be deterred from visiting again; as we would sincerely welcome the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

I found St. Michael's from the internet. As with most internet purchases you don't know what you are going to get until you arrive. I was very satisfied with the booking. The building and rooms were excellent. Lovely restaurant and bar area. We did intend to eat out more but the food and service was so good, we ate in the restaurant most of the time with our children.

The only negative would be I found the booking of the rooms a little pricey. With that said the price was worth it as we did book seas views and they have very good facilities.

Every staff member we came into contact with was hardworking and friendly. It was this consistency with the staff which will make sure we come back again. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
StMichaelsHotel, General Manager at St Michael's Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write, your review is a joy to read. Feedback helps us to ensure that our offering appeals to our guests, and gives praise to our team; which is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

We recently stayed at St Michael's to celebrate our first wedding anniversary as we held our wedding reception here last year and they offered us a free room as an anniversary gift. The really impressive part of this is that I'm going overseas with work on our actual anniversary so I asked St Michael's if we could use our free room at an earlier date. They kindly obliged and offered us a superior room for free or we could stay in our honeymoon suite again for £59. We chose the honeymoon suite (The Atlantic Suite) and I'm very glad that we did.
We arrived early (1200) and the receptionist informed us that we could use the room straight away which was a pleasant suprise. The room was even better than we remembered it, large, light, clean and tastefully decorated with a beautiful bathroom complete with a huge bath and double monsoon shower.
The bed was extremely comfortable (one of the best I have ever slept in ) and the view from the room across Falmouth Bay was picture perfect.

Although we didn't use the spa facilities we have had a look around and they appeared to be of a high standard in keeping with the smart, modern and luxurious appearance of the hotel.

We intended to eat at the hotel restaurant in the evening but on arrival we realised that it was extremely quiet so we decided just to have a drink and walk into town to eat at one of Falmouth's many restaurants. The bar and lounge look like a very cool place to have a coffee or a cocktail in the evening and we felt it was a shame that the restaurant was so quiet or else we would have stayed. The waitress offered us our drinks on the house which was another indication of the hotel's high level of customer service.

In the morning we had breakfast delivered to our room which was of an equally high standard to the rest of the St Michael's experience and checked out at 1100.

In summary the hotel is probably the best that I have stayed in this country and is well worth a look if you want modern, luxurious facilities by the beach. I hope that the restaurant becomes more popular as I believe that it has potential to be a Falmouth favourite.

Room Tip: The Atlantic Suite has an amazing bathroom
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

We’re so pleased that you enjoyed your Anniversary stay, and for us to exceed your expectation is just brilliant. As you say, a quiet night for dinner on the night of your stay; not the norm, and a shame that it deterred you from dining… maybe next time.
Maybe you’ll spend your next Anniversary with us; we’d love to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

Our view of the car park meant that we were disappointed from the off as our weekend was billed as a "romantic getaway". Excellent spa facilities, huge bathroom but ppor quality shower, cleanliness of very high standard. Staff in restaurant were very busy and consequently inattentive, we had to ask repeatedly for wine which arrived after starter. A brilliant hotel - but for mid price range rather than luxury price range.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Everybody aspires to and has an expectation of having a view of the sea when being so close to the beach; we do offer sea facing rooms at a supplement, however the package you booked included a standard inland room; which would have been stated on your confirmation. I believe that you stayed over bank holiday weekend, and you are right we were the chosen destination for many diners, a record number for this weekend in fact; victims of our own success you might say. We always aim to exceed guests’ expectation of their stay with us, we’re so sorry that we fell short on this occasion. We hope that you will not be deterred from visiting in the future, please do advise us on booking; and we will gladly ensure that your desired room type is booked.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Having seen a few lower than average reviews on this hotel, I felt it only right to provide details after leaving this wonderful hotel last week. The room we had looked out t the sea, a short distance literally across the wonderful gardens and we could not have asked for more. The hotel was extremely clean, the staff simply just could not do enough and were extremely helpful and the food was excellent. The pool and spa facilities were marvellous and not overcrowded. I can only rate the St Michaels spa as excellent on all levels and having only left a week ago we are planning our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Our aim is to meet and ideally exceed guest expectations of their stay with us. What a brilliant review, and thank you so much for taking the time to write; so, so, appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back.