“Great food, great personal service”
Review of Amanzi

Amanzi
Ranked #4 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: African, International
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family-run restaurant creating South African inspired dishes made from Cornish produce.
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

The food was very good indeed but I think the best thing about this restaurant was the service. We really were treated like guests which seems rare. I get the feeling that the staff really care about the service they provide and I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

This really was a great place to eat with some less traditional food. We had the marinated steak on a skewer (it melted in your mouth!) and the baboti - both dishes we'd highly recommend. The service was impeccable with friendliness without intrusiveness. Best meal we had in Falmouth - highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I came here for dinner with my Mum and two sisters prior to getting married. Nothing was too much trouble for us and we were even given a bottle of champagne to help celebrate. The food was outstanding and we all had a wonderful time.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Living locally I have visited my fair share of local restaurants over the years but it can only be said that this address remains my favourite. Having always experienced exceptional food and service when this restaurant was Clarks, I was eager to return under its new name.
Home-made biltong made from Cornish beef was our first indication of the African inspired changes and this did not disapoint. Perfectly seasoned and far from the chewy rubber bought in packets. We next enjoyed Espetada and Babotie. The espetada's presentation was a fantastic surprise, not let down by its flavours and the homemade chips were also incredible. However, a classic case of food envy did ensue after tasting the Babotie. Not really an issue as I will definitely return again soon to have this dish to myself!
All in all, Amanzi remains by far the finest place in Falmouth to dine.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We last visited when this was Clarks and were interested to see how the re-brand was going to work. Not only is the food as good as Clarks was, it is now even better. I ordered the half rack of ribs and they were perfect. The meat fell off the bone and was delicious. The Cajun fries were seasoned perfectly and the red wine was smooth without being dull. Treacle tart was the pudding of choice and was the best I've tried. My friends sampled several of the African dishes on offer and loved them. With regard to price, you will not find better value for money anywhere else in the town. Well done guys, this was our favourite meal out in Falmouth that week.