“The most AMAZING cake”
Review of Pea Souk

Pea Souk
Ranked #90 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Phone 01326 317583 Propieter: Nicola J Willis - Open Monday to Saturday 10am to 5 pm Sunday 11 am to 4pm, Booking necesary and are taken for Monday to Saturday evenings only.
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stopped in here for a quick cup of tea - we'd had a pasty and couldn't possibly eat any more! However, after seeing someone else with a gigantic slab of cake, we caved in and we were very pleased we'd done so. It was delicious, moist and ridiculously tasty. It was also home made there so we were able to compliment the chef which is always nice.
Iola the dog was welcome to come in - it's a small place so there's not a lot of room so she happily posted herself by the door.
If the rest of the food they serve there is as good as the cake, go!

1  Thank jiin71

Reviewed August 4, 2012

The owner of this place was really rude and abrupt. My husband hadn't even managed to decide what to eat and when said he wasn't ready to order she just stood at the table and tutted at him whilst he chose! She was not welcoming to us nor our toddler and before the food even got to us we wishes that we had never come.

The food wasn't unpleasant, and it DID appear to be home made rather than some of the awful mass produced stuff some places offer. Although not bad it was nowhere near as good as some of the veggie places we have eaten.

The restaurant had run out of 3 drinks we ordered - 4th time lucky!

Not a place we would want to return to.

4  Thank Sarah M
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have visited Nicola's cafe 3 times in 3 days. Excellent food, freshly cooked and inventive. What more could a vegetarian want?

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I totally agree with Rosalind. We think of Nichola's brusque manner as entertainment, and if you return she is less abrupt, it may mask shyness. She works hard at providing interesting dishes in a tiny place. If you want mass produced pap and false smiles go elsewhere. We are lucky to have such a veggie gem, where the food is freshly made and at a reasonable price.

2  Thank Janette599
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Pea Souk is a rare find. Everything on the menu is made from scratch, from the best local produce, and boy do your taste buds sing that to you. How can you feel full but still with the last few bites be salavating??/ Pea Souk is every Vegetarians wildest dream! I visit whenever I’m in Falmouth (which is often) A total taste sensation. Everything is made from scratch and boy you see the difference. I’m sick of paying good money for what is described as a ‘Home-Made’ veggie burger. Only to receive a deep fried mass produced lump of indigestible quorn or bean mush. I don’t know how she does it; I guess that’s a secret! It’s not just that all the chutneys and sides are homemade and top quality (Other places deliver that). It’s the actual burger itself. Mouth-wateringly beautiful..God I want one now!! I visited recently with 3 friends and their 2 year old. 3 of us had burgers, all delicious (she does about 6 varieties) One of us had a goats cheese and roast veg wrap, a huge portion of pasta pesto and root veg for the child-We took away her leftovers for Tea. All other plates were left naked!
I read the former reviews and saw the comments on the owner’s slightly abrupt persona. But to be honest I like her style. Bit Basil Faulty. Small local place, beautiful collective decor. With a passionate matriarch at the helm. Misunderstood I’d say. I’ve chatted to her and she’s great. Food and service are priority. No one slags off Gordon Ramsey when he gives his staff a ticking do they? She has high standards and any dressing downs should be seen as part of the standard....and dare I say entertainment (I must say she has had me chuckling behind my napkin). Fantastic food, big personality. A total dining experience.

1  Thank Rosalind L