“Fantastic food , warm and welcoming.”
Review of The Waymarker

The Waymarker
Ranked #6 of 227 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Grill
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A hidden rural restaurant and function venue located on the edge of disused quarry workings on the Penryn to Gweek road in the North Helford Zone, Cornwall. Come along and enjoy THE WAYMARKER'S freshly prepared food & drinks with unparralelled seclusion & tranquility. Sit back and take in the surrounding nature with uninterrupted views across our pond and varied tree-scape. With the benefit of fully disabled accessibility and facilities everyone can come along to enjoy our venue. FREE Wi-Fi/Fully Licenced/Activity & Nature Trails/Off-Road Parking.Our Mission at The Waymarker is to combine our peaceful surroundings with the abundant high-quality local produce and our homemade-quality cooking to provide great refreshment for both mind and soul.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic food , warm and welcoming.”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My wife and I had our valentines at the waymarker and it was fantastic, the service and the atmosphere couldn't have been better. I would deffinately recommend a visit !!

• Visited February 2014

Cambridge
“Not the best place for Sunday lunch”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We decided to book a place for Sunday lunch based on the good tripadvisor reviews, but ended up disappointed. I have since looked more closely at some of the previous reviews and see that our experience was not unique when it comes to the Sunday lunches The problem may be that there is a lack of volume of custom at this time of the year which has led the restaurant to providing food which is not fresh. My friend's starter of carrot and ginger soup was very good, my pheasant terrine okay but rather tasteless. But the disappointment was really with the roasts.. My friend had chicken and I had lamb, both meat portions were dull, he complained his chicken was watery. My lamb just did not seem to be meat that had been recently cut from a fresh joint. The roast potatoes were awful, lacking crispiness, and had a cheap taste to them. The medley of vegetables, billed as fresh seasonal vegetables (courgette, carrot, cauliflower, french beans, baby sweetcorn and curley kale) were most definitely not fresh and tasted of nothing much at all. The Yorkshire pudding dry again with little flavour. The gravy was good and the stuffing wrapped in bacon (again as other reviewers have commented) was very very yummy. Oh dear. Dear Waymarker you really need to review your Sunday roasts because at the prices you are charging we were expecting something special and we did not get this. There are plenty of places local to you that charge less and who do a much much better meal. My initial thoughts to putting on a review here was to be mild in my criticism but now that I see that other people have said the same thing in the past and that you have seemingly ignored what they have said I feel the need to be a bit more brutal. You are billed as the third most popular restaurant in the Falmouth area and therefore you need to up your game. And frankly we ended up feeling really rather annoyed as you are advertising your food (or at least your Sunday roast) as something it is not! You were charming and friendly and the restaurant is in a nice spot but I will not be seduced into pretending that the food was good. I actually considered rating this as poor but due to the nice ambience of the place and your friendliness have erred on the generous side. But I cannot recommend you and sadly we will not be back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank annemarie10
Truro, United Kingdom
“Perfect!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

What a gem of a place seemingly in the middle of nowhere! Went for lunch, plenty of choice of the menu and food was very well presented, looking and tasting delicious. Staff extremely friendly and attentive.Definitely one to visit again, want to try their Sunday lunch!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank seabird253
Reading, United Kingdom
“What a lovely find!”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Beautifully cooked and presented we enjoyed it, such rare place to find when on a country drive. friendly and even gave us voucher for the seal sanctuary.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Out of the way but worth the trip”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We had a delicious out of season lunch in this comfortable modern building. Their menu of good classic dishes was supplemented by specials which were interesting - I could have chosen more than one. We had a delicious spiced vegetable soup and a sea bream with shrimps and micro fennel. The cook made the most of good ingredients without trying too hard to impress. I hear the cream teas are excellent and there is a lovely 3 mile circular walk that means you can visit the Waymarker at the beginning, the end or both! Their Christmas menu looks lovely too. Families are really well catered for with an outdoor play area.

• Visited November 2013