TripAdvisor

Ranked #33 of 273 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are open after a busy winter of refurbishment and are so proud to open our doors and show you our new look! We now have a brand new kitchen and a warmer richer colour palette to frame the outstanding view over looking Swanpool Beach, Falmouth. The restaurant is a more luxiourious space with rich hues, fabulous velvet teal chairs more intimate booth seating as well as a group dining area that is perfect for those family and friend get togethers! Our menu is locally sourced, sustainable wherever possible using the freshest Cornish produce with inspiration taken from the rugged Cornish coastline surrounding the restaurant.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We ate here with two friends recently. The three of us who had fish were very pleased with the flavour and excellent cooking of our dishes. One of our friends chose venison and was unhappy with the sauce but the staff were helpful in providing an alternative. My only criticism was the wine list - I know white wine traditionally goes with fish but the red selection was limited and the cheapest red was around £26. However, the white we chose was perfectly acceptable and went well with the food.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (946)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was here late September with my partner. Had tapas the day before and was very impressed with the squid and crab on toast, so decided to go back the next day for a proper meal.

We forgot to book, but they found us a lovely little table which was very much appreciated. Partner had the Fishermens Feast and I had one of the two specials on offer, the Kernow Fish Stew. Everything was fantastic; as fresh as can be and tasted incredible. Maybe less importantly for some, the portions were hearty to boot, to say the least, and it's fair to say we waddled out of there! That's always a welcome bonus these days, for me. We've paid a lot more in the past for food that comes nowhere near the quality we had. Almost too good to be true.

The staff couldn't have been more attentive and the restaurant had a lovely ambience that evening. We shared an amazing sticky toffee pudding which was to die for, as was the coffee. I wont be going anywhere near the south west of England, from where I live in London, without visiting again. Can't thank the staff enough for a very special hour or so in a wonderful part of the world. My only regret is not thanking the chef/s personally.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What a fab location, beautiful view overlooking Swan pool. Great coffee and friendly service. Very popular so you need to make a reservation.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Can imagine that this place is blissful in the summer but on a rainy autumn lunchtime it was pretty special too. Great seafood cooked with imagination. Staff were efficient and friendly without being in your face. At around £30 a head pretty good value too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ate here on a Wednesday evening and it was quite busy. Service was friendly and at just the right pace. My husband had the fisherman’s feast and my daughter and I the Dover sole, with plum and frangipane tart to follow. The food and wine / cider were all delicious and all in all it was a fab meal, if not the cheapest. Definitely plan to return.