“Loved it!!!”

Ranked #1 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Locally, daily caught shellfish served in a relaxed and very friendly atmosphere.Customer service and enjoyment are our priorities open from 6.00Pm - 9.00Pm Wednesday-saturday
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I recently attended a friends 30th birthday party here and it was such an enjoyable night! The moment I walked in through the door I knew it would be a special night. The place has such a wonderful ambience mixed together with superb shellfish and all served by very friendly and attentive staff I really can't fault the place. If I were to never visit the wheelhouse again I'm sure I'd never forget it, it's that kind of place.......... although, living in Cornwall, I plan to return!!

2  Thank JB-Kernow

Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Truly memorable experience from walking through the quaint front door to leaving. Only 8 items to choose from and when it's gone it's gone so getting in early is an advantage. Local oysters were the best I've ever had and the brown crab was superb. Wonderful hosts; could have been in France. If you like shellfish it's a must!

2  Thank Gerry W
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I visited this establishment on our holiday 2 weeks ago. Overall the experience was a good one although there were plus and minus points to the evening.

On the plus side the concept is good, different and interesting. The service was excellent, the food was fresh and tasty, the atmosphere was very enjoyable.

On the negative side, if you don't get there early then you will have limited options later in the evening as they buy everything fresh on the morning and once they have sold out of certain allocated portions then it's gone from the menu until the next day. The noise in the place can almost be deafening after a while as it is very small area wise and tables are close together. Also, we found that it got very warm in the venue due to how tightly packed the diners were next to each other.

But it was a more positive than negative experience. My wife and I enjoyed the food and I ended up going 10 rounds with a crab for my main course. Unfortunately for me the crab won. Well priced and worth a look if your dinning out in Cornwall.

4  Thank JASON C
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great shellfish, freshly prepared in front of you. Friendly, knowledgeable service, make sure you try their own Wheelhouse prawns, scrumptious. Go with friends and share as many of the dishes as possible and get stuck in and messy. Book well in advance, this place is rightly popular and a cut above the local competition. There are many good restaurants in Falmouth but The Wheelhouse, for shellfish lovers, is so much better than good.

1  Thank emmdora
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Second time here, as fantastic as the first time we visited this amazing restaurant! The atmosphere is always buzzing the service impeccable and genuinely friendly waiters, waitresses, chefs. Food is incredible, simple fresh and delicious. The small selection of wines were perfect. Love everything about this restaurant. Just wish we lived closer so Could visit more! When ever we holiday in Cornwall we always take the hours journey from where we stay just to go to this restaurant.

Don't ever change wheelhouse, you rule!

1  Thank 1dayIwillFlyAWAY