“Average visit”

Ranked #38 of 230 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: French, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Simple French Bistro food using local ingredients cooked with class and care
Bucks
“Average visit”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We visited this restaurant after reading reviews on trip advisor. We had lunch. There was no childrens menu but the waitress explained the meals could be down sided to children's portions. The chips were soggy, salad was plain and undressed. It was an average meal.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank GeorgieBucks

• Polish first
“Great food and a great atmosphere”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I've been here quite a few times whilst staying in Falmouth, all have been good. It's a little more pricey than some of its neighbours but it is well worth it. They always have some good local specials on offer, with some impressive seafood dishes.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Taz_tasman
Nottingham
“Lovely food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Dined here after our sons graduation - there was four of us. Choices on the menu are very good and it was difficult to know what to choose. The samphire I had with my meal was delicious, having never had it before didn't know what to expect but it was delicious.The food was excellent and I would visit again but the service needs to be better! We had to wait ages for our bill as the 2 young waitresses were busy chatting and in the end we had to ask for it to be brought over!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Wendyw0050
bucks
“All alone!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

In Cornwall alone for once I popped in for lunch and, as usual, was not disappointed. I had a delicious starter portion of moule (mussels) with fantastic Baker Tom bread, a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, delicious apple crumble (whole baked apple with the crumble on the top) and almond ice cream and rounded off with a coffee. As usual such good cooking and pleasant service by the owner. Just what I needed.

• Visited October 2013
Zurich
“Very good, especially if you like samphire.”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Samphire is a succulent seaside/marsh vegetable with a beautiful salty bitter tang. It's usually scavenged rather than cultivated, making it a relatively rare treat.

My wife and I love the texture and flavour so we couldn't resist a visit. If I recall we got in late-ish on a Friday without too much trouble. The food focused on seaside/samphire flavours and was very nice. But it lacked enough refinement to make it really noteworthy. My wife really enjoyed her crustacean (can't quite remember what it was), and she was provided with a comprehensive set of tools to deal with it :}

The service was very very good. They have a reservation system we hadn't encountered before... provide your email address and you get confirmations of bookings as well as follow up survey invitations. And no extra spam so far. Quite a good idea!

Overall, there are two or four restaurants in Falmouth that I prefer, but this is an excellent fallback choice and I think it's on the rise.

• Visited August 2013