“Friendly and lively restaurant”
Review of Oliver's

Oliver's
Ranked #2 of 227 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Epsom, Surrey
“Friendly and lively restaurant”
Reviewed March 9, 2010

An independent restaurant tucked away half way up Old High Street at the north end of town. Big solid wooden tables set the tone: good food and service in an unpretentious setting, with views out onto the street. We dined on a Friday evening in early March, when it was fully booked, but the small team had no problems looking after everyone. Several fish specials were available in addition to the main menu. We tried the hake, and a pork tagliatelle: both were generous and unusually served in deep round bowls, and excellent. Two delighful crèmes brûlées with fresh rasberries followed. Two courses with coffee and a glass of wine each came to around £50 for two.

cornwall
“Amazing ... Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed February 12, 2010

My husband and I were told about Oliver's through some friends in Falmouth and decided to give it a go. We are both foodies and love to try new foods and experience new places. Our arrival was met by Wendy, who made us both feel very at ease and comfortable. The restaurant is charming with lovely decor and a lovely ambiance. On choosing our meal we were given bread and olives, which was a lovely touch I have to say. Now .... the food

Oh my god, I really do not know where to start. Starters were amazing, both presentation and taste. Mains even more amazing. The food is cooked to perfection, the tastes absolutely exquisite. On this occassion we were both too full to try desert. The prices are very reasonable and there is plenty of choice for both meat eaters and vegetarians. The wine list is also perfect and priced very reasonably. Due to how great our meal was we booked to go again last night with some friends. Well if you could have heard the ooh's and ahh's from our table on the arrival of our food. I can safely say we will all be returning to Oliver's on a very regular basis. This is one restaurant in Falmouth that everyone should visit. I would love to go on and on but I really should stop now. If there is one thing you do this week then book a table at Oliver's. It will be so worth it.

1 Thank CMH1976
Penryn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“40th birthday bash with excellent food and service”
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Recently went to Oliver's with friends to celebrate my partner's 40th birthday. Chef had put together a great set menu for us to choose from. Large table for eleven of us was organised and I was able to put up decorations and bring along a birthday cake for later. Arrived a little late but restaurant were very understanding and duly set about to make us really welcome. Drinks order and bread and olives offered as we deliberated over the choices. Service was brilliant and fun. Choices made we were all thrilled at the wonderful starters and fantastic mains all delicious and beautifully presented full of flavour and exquisite combinations. Evening went smoothly and everyone had a great time which was down to the wonderful welcome from the manageress and the excellent food served up by the chef. Would strongly recommend this small and friendly restaurant and will definitely be returning. Thanks Oliver's we think you've great!

1 Thank JeniPenryn
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My new favourite restaurant in Falmouth.”
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Went to Oliver's over the Christmas holiday when in Falmouth visiting my parents. My parent's had recommended it to us and took us there for dinner. We had a great night and Wendy (front of house) blended friendly informal chat with quick and attentive service brilliantly. I initially struggled with my decision on the food as there were some great options but i am extremely glad i went with the sea-bass on a sea food risotto. Quite simply one of the most enjoyable and tasty meals i have ever had. Didn't stop talking the meal up for the next few days to the point where friends who were visiting had heard so much they all went there to try the risotto for themselves! They are all now advocates for this great little restaurant as well!

I will definitely be going again on my next visit to Falmouth.

1 Thank samboychip
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gorgeous restaurant with brilliant food.. not to be missed!”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I was recommended to this restaurant by a friend on my first visit to Falmouth and I absolutely loved it! The restaurant is cosy and the waitress Wendy oozes friendliness. The menu had a great selection on offer and the meal we had was so fresh and divine, so good infact that all five of us at the table had the same - the mackerel seafood risotto, the crab risotto also sounded amazing! I would have had one of the desserts had I been able to fit it in! Great value for a top quality meal, will be going back for sure.

1 Thank CandiceKomel