“Amazing Food and Service”
Review of Oliver's

Oliver's
Ranked #2 of 229 Restaurants in Falmouth
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
“Amazing Food and Service”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We had a very warm welcome from Wendy as we arrived. The menu was full of seasonal dishes that use local produce. The quality in all our meals was exceptionally high. I have eaten in quite a few Michelin star restaurants and this I would put right up amongst them. I am looking forward to returning in the spring to sample the spring seasonal specialities

• Visited January 2014

Truro, Cornwall, United Kingdom
“Another great lunch”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I enjoyed a wonderful lunch here with my daughter to celebrate my birthday. It was mid week but fully booked, mostly by local regulars. We enjoyed a two course lunch which, as always was just perfection on a plate. Our waitress, I must ask her her name as she is always so welcoming, funny and professional and never fails to make us feel at home. I can't recommend Oliver's enough, but its worth booking as this place's reputation for great food at affordable prices is spreading. Oliver's is high on my list of favourite places to eat out.

• Visited January 2014
Webster, New York
“A Hide-a-Way on High Street”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Our host at the Bosanneth Hotel kindly made us a reservation at Oliver's, his favorite Falmouth restaurant. Though the restaurant is small and cosy, the obvious attraction is the innovative cuisine. For our first course, we enjoyed beautifully presented Falmouth scallops; for our main course we enjoyed venison and Cornish duck. The entire meal was delicious, with fresh local produce coupled with interesting sauces.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank BIDEOBOB
“Finally got to experience the much raved over Oliver's”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Our table for four was near to the window, the restaurant not full although a Friday night, but it is the beginning of January so no surprise really. The menu boards are a novel idea, saves having to touch a much handled ordinary menu! The waitress was very good, not over bearing but attentative. We didn't have starters but enjoyed the olives and variety of breads served. I had lamb as my main course and it was delicious, two of our table had the fish served with risotto and the last of our table had two starters for the main course, both of which were good. The only adverse comment about the dishes was the risotto was a little bit on the mean side. Desserts chosen were the pana cotta and the chocolate selection, both of which were enjoyed immensely.
It was worth the wait, Oliver's is one to enjoy, yes it's small but that adds to the charm.

Visited January 2014
United Kingdom
“Marvelous Place!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My girlfriend and I went here for our "Christmas-shopping-is-done" dinner and had one of the best meals we've ever had! Let's start with a description of the restaurant...small, maybe 6 or 7 tables, very intimate and comfortable, making you feel at home as soon as you are seated. The food is hand crafted, local and amazing, obviously prepared by a magician! We started with two unbelievable salads...I had the mackerel and crab and my girlfriend had the wood pigeon, they were subtle and sublime. Our mains were venison (mine) and scallops with hake (hers), both locally sourced...again, they were perfectly prepared and presented. The service was warm and very unhurried, the pace was perfect, allowing time to relish the plate before the next arrived. We finished the meal with two beautifully put together desserts and a huge smile, knowing we had just eaten one of the best meals we'd ever had.

The quality of the food and the size of the restaurant dictate you call ahead for reservations. It is worth the wait!

• Visited December 2013