“I just love it here”

Oliver's
Ranked #2 of 226 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Truro, Cornwall
“I just love it here”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I love Olivers but don't get to visit as often as I would like. The food is of the highest quality and always excellent with a good choice available. The atmosphere is great with a cosy but buzzy feel to it.

I just love the head waitress, Wendy, who is so friendly and makes me smile every time I visit. She is particularly helpful if an explanation of a dish in needed. Quite simply the best overall experience in Falmouth which for me would take some beating.

My only complaint is that I can't get in sometimes as they are often fully booked!

• Visited October 2012

Falmouth, United Kingdom
“The best in Falmouth, maybe even Cornwall!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Incredible food, brilliant service and brilliant prices. A two course lunch for £10.50 that would rival the food at any michelin starred restaurant. I can't sing this place's praises enough!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Ralph H
Phonsavan, Laos
“I would eat here every day if I could!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

The food is amazing - fresh, seasonal, local, but with a twist to keep it exciting and interesting. The atmosphere is cosy, not fussy at all. It's just a great place to have a delicious meal and enjoy the company your with. I loved the mystery meal on 29th Feb (one of each course priced at 29p, but you only find out when you got the bill!) great idea!

1 Thank Shonny J
Cahors, France
“atmospheric and delish!!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

This buzzy no fuss restaurant is the business !The delicious aromas of seafood hit you at the door, one starts to salivate...smiling friendly staff welcomed us eager to show us to our table ,ours was a decommissioned sewing machine table with a wax encased candlestick and a roll of elephant loo paper ,no menus, the specials, and they are, written above the bar counter.We,my son and I, chose to share four half cources ,3 perfectly cooked scallopes to start,next we made short work of a gorgeous fresh brown crab, then prawns in a Thai gingerand garlic sauce and lastly plump mussels in an aromatic coconut sauce.Chunky slices of yummy fresh bread used to mop up sauces and a salad to relieve the fish fest guilt....I was in heaven.We had the house wine and my son polished a perfect dinner off with 3 delicious ice creams.

• Visited December 2012
Weymouth, United Kingdom
“Another superb choice”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Visited this restaurant on our second night in Falmouth, after our visit to the wheelhouse this was as good if not better. My wife had preordered the lobster which she said was very good,I decided on the venison which was superb. The starters of pigeon breasts and crab cocktail were very nice. The service was very good and the staff very helpful.A return visit is a must if we are ever in the area again. Highly Recommend!

• Visited November 2012