“Easily worth a journey”

Ranked #2 of 243 Restaurants in Falmouth
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2012

Beautifully presented and delicious food in a friendly informal atmosphere.
Have already booked the whole family in for our April return.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

very friendly great menu felt spilt and unrushed.
Definitely make the trip to Olivers

1  Thank fitmonkey
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Had seen Olivers recommended on TripAdvisor, but on arrival in Falmouth phoned to book and was dismayed to learn that they were fully booked over the forthcoming weekend. However, the very helpful member of staff I spoke to asked how long we were in Falmouth for, and then let me know when they had spaces. So, we ate there last night, and what a terrific meal it was. I had seared scallops with bacon as starter, and my husband had spicy meatballs. Homemade and delicious. For my main course I had a mature locally reared fillet steak - the best I have ever tasted, and fillet steak is a favourite choice of mine, so lots to compare with. Delicious house salad and chunky homemade chips with skin on. My husband had fresh hake fillets on wild garlic mash and pesto - his fish was absolutely superb, his only comment was that perhaps both garlic and pesto slightly overpowered the delicate fish. Sadly, we will not be able to fit in another visit before we go home, but both very glad to have experienced Olivers.

1  Thank DebraKB
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Superb on all levels, a wonderful experience - keen to go to one of their taster evenings - wanted to try everything on the menu, v. difficult to make a choice!
Excellent.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Had a super meal here, food was excellent and of ample proportion. They use whatever is in season and something out of the ordinary including jugged hare!
The other bonus is they sell an 80 shilling ale from a local micro brewery which is very tasty and one is never enough! Reasonably priced and worth a visit (If you can get a reservation)