“Lunch - good value and very pleasant surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Harbour View

Harbour View
Ranked #21 of 226 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Lunch - good value and very pleasant surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Good choice on menu and interesting starters. Prompt, efficient and friendly service. Food well presented and great taste. Nicely appointed restaurant and lovely views from terrace.Mains for two plus drinks £20-25. Excellent value. Ideal when shopping or meeting friends.

Truro, United Kingdom
“wonderful food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have eaten here many times over the last two years, and have never been disappointed. The food is always interesting, packed with good flavours which are thoughtfully put together. I am a trained chef who has worked at many good restaurants in the southwest and only praise those who deseave it. The service really is very good, friendly and caring. You will not be disappointed!

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Could do better!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Sorry, I wanted to write a really good review as have been here before and had a really lovely meal, but not this time. I called in with my husband for 'Sunday Brunch' and we both ordered the Veggie Fried Breakfast. First off when describing a meal on the menu make sure that's what arrives on the plate. If you state that something is coming with fried bread, provide it. We were given 'toast' that was barely even that, it seemed like someone had waved a slice of bread in front of the toaster and just warmed it up a bit, also the 'spread' had been put on the bread before it left the kitchen, did I ask for that? No I didn't. It's a cardinal sin, never put the 'spread' on for the customer. I don't know what 'spread' it was but it was horrible, definitely wasn't butter. The egg was barely cooked and all gelatinous, the baked beans were luke warm and not particularly nice. Lastly, if you serve hot food, put it on a hot plate. Hot food on a cold plate, which was what we had, equals food that goes cold very quickly. On the plus side the mushrooms were nice! All in all, we won't be going back for breakfast again. The staff were very pleasant, the coffee was good and the place itself is lovely. Maybe they were having a bad morning, but it was practically empty when we arrived so no excuse for them being rushed off their feet. Should we have said something at the time, probably, but we were hungry and on our way somewhere and just couldn't be bothered to send it back and wait for it to be done again. I don't make a habit of writing bad reviews, but on this occasion it really got my goat!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank DollyD27
Blackrockfalmouth, Owner at Harbour View, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear DollyD27
We were so sorry to read your review this morning and apologise that your breakfasts were not what they should have been. We pride ourselves on both our food and service and have already spoken to the kitchen about this to ensure that our standards are maintained at all times. We would like to point out that the menu does in fact list toast and not fried bread but regardless it should certainly have been properly toasted. We would have been only too happy to have replaced your meals on the spot if you had spoken to us at the time and wish we could have been given the opportunity to ensure that your visit to us was a good one. We note that you have been to us before and sincerely hope that you will in fact give us another chance the next time you are in Falmouth.
Cambridge
“Very yummy crayfish and mussel linguini”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I was ceased with hunger at lunch time as I was passing this restaurant/cafe which I had been planning to visit for some time. So though I was in a hurry I made time to visit. I was served quickly and efficiently. It is very pleasant to sit outside with the view over the harbour and as the weather has at last improved it is warm enough The crayfish and mussel linguini was really really tasty and a good portion. I will certainly come back and would recommend it to others. I read somewhere recently that Falmouth is now the foodie capital of Cornwall. I am not surprised and this great little restaurant is an example of why this is the case

Dear annemarie10
Thank you very much for your kind review. We were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our ever popular crayfish and mussel linguine and hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Attended on a wet and stormy day and nobody was in the restaurant. That is not usually a good sign but we were not disappointed. The weather had probably kept them away.
A cheery greeting from the front of house and good help with the menu.
We chose hot baguettes and they were large and well filled.
The setting was nice with a view of the sea. It also has outside seating for when the weather is better.
An all round nice experience at a reasonable price.

Note to chef - Don't roll a fag in the kitchen where the customers can see you.

• Visited February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your meal and hope to see you again soon.