“The best fish and chips we've had”

Harbour Lights Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 234 Restaurants in Falmouth
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Family run. Family friendly. Best harbour views of all Falmouth restaurants. Holder of the NFFF (National Federation of Fish Friers) Quality Award. All our fish is from fully sustainable sources. MSC (Marine Stewardship Council) certified restaurant. Extensive variety of fish, with local Cornish fish options always available. 100 seat restaurant and also takeaway section. Fully licensed. Free beach bucket & spade with every kids meal. Free WI-FI. Warmest of welcomes guaranteed. Thank You Pete & Sue Fraser
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Originally went in here because the nearby rick steins take away was closed. Personally over the moon it was. The service was brilliant, very helpful and very friendly. And the food was simply amazing. I had the large cod and chips and the plate was piled up. It wasnt just quantity though it was beautiful. I can honestly say this was the best fish and chips I've ever had. Do yourself a favour and give it a go.

Pete F, Owner at Harbour Lights Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Thank you for your amazing review! They do say we eat with our eyes as well as our mouths, and I'm so glad we could cover all the bases.

Thank you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,465)

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

The large cod is highly recommended to sit in the restaurant it is very expensive and to be honest very over priced for a large cod chips and peas in the restaurant it's almost £15 the reason the price is so high is because you get a service charge and also the extra cost of sitting in the restaurant the much cheaper option is to have take away the same meal is just over £8 I have tried both and no difference at all on the food quality the cod is the best I have tried and the chips are not to bad too the portions are big so make sure you are very hungry if you opt for the large cod or haddock give harbour lights a go but be aware of the restaurant prices in comparison to the takeaway prices

Thank you for your review! Our restaurant is a bit costlier due to higher running costs (we don't have a service charge).. Food quality is something that we will not compromise on, regardless of takeaway or restaurant, and thank you for pointing it out :).

All the best!

Pete.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Had lunch here today (9-6-13) and enjoyed it immensely, I had haddock and chips and I can't complain about the quality of the food, I enjoyed every bite.
The service was great, friendly efficient staff who seem genuinely pleased to serve your meal.
My average rating has been given for the price and portion size.
I have side plates at home that are as big as, if not bigger than the plates used to serve your meal here and at just under ten pounds for the meal I would expect a much larger piece of fish and certainly more chips.
I would eat here again but there is much better value for money to be found elsewhere.

Pete F, Owner at Harbour Lights Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Hello, and thank you for your review! While I'm glad that our staff were accomodating and nice, I am sorry that our portion sizes weren't up to scratch. Our fish has to be sourced from sustainable sources, which entails a slightly higher price on the fish. We do however have a policy printed on our menu that states if you would like some extra chips, you only need to ask. I hope we get the opportuniy to change your mind sometime in the future. Thank you again for your review.

- Pete.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

brilliant place, with excellent service and the staff were very polite and could not do enough for you !!! thank you

Good to know we're doing something right. Thank you for your great review.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I live in Falmouth and this has to be the best fish and chips, everything I have had from there has been nice, the cheese burgers are great.
you can sit close to the front were it is a bit more quitter or have a view of the harbour at the back.
All the staff here are very nice as well.

Thank you for your great review!