“It was ok”

Ranked #65 of 82 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Hampshire UK
“It was ok”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We spent a week in August visiting a number of B&B's doing a tour of Devon & Cornwall. When we arrived at Eden Lodge we recognised Lynne and Ziggy from the Channel 4 show 3-in-a-bed (which rates B&B's). They were very welcoming and friendly. I am sorry to say that the bed was very uncomfortable and the decor is dated, we did however have a big flat screen TV, an en-suite and the room was very clean. The breakfast was the best one we had all week! A good pit-stop but perhaps expected a bit more for the money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmyVSmith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bude, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 12, 2011

my mother, baby and i stayed here and they were really accommodating and friendly. we were in a nice room which was spotless when we booked in and the rest of the B&B was really homely and welcoming. we had a cooked breakfast but also had the option of fruit, cereal and freshly filtered coffee, i would definatly stay here again and feel it was worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank dragor1987
England
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I started off on Trip Advisor looking for a B & B or cheap hotel to stay overnight in while we brought son and stuff back from University. This was the first one that came up - with dreadful reviews! To cut a long story short, after about an hour and numerous links to other sites, open windows etc, I booked what looked a lovely place through a different website. I thought I'd just have a look at the reviews on Trip Advisor and was horrified to find I'd booked the one I first saw. However, I thought, "Well it's only for one night..."

But it was absolutely fine!

Didn't see Ziggy, but Lynne was a wonderful hostess. The room was great. The bed was comfortable, the shower had hot water. The TV worked. It was perfectly clean. The full English breakfast - even on Sunday (for those of you who have seen there is no English breakfast on Sundays) - was absolutely delicious.

Yes, the place could possibly do with a bit of redecorating, and if you're the sort of person who wants all your crockery to match at breakfast then don't stay here, but it is 'only' a 2 star B & B. It doesn't claim to be the Ritz.

I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Dithy007
plymouth
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Ive stayed at Eden Lodge several times over the past few years and have always come away with a smile on my face,the sevice you get from Lyn and Ziggy is well ... the only way it can be decsribed is that they make you feel like family, i use to think i was getting special treatment because we got on so well only to find whilst observing over a period of time that they treat everyone the same.

Hey Eden Lodge isnt the Savoy ! but trust me just like Lyn & Ziggy oozes character !!
a squeaky floor board here a little bit of wall paper peeled back there, so what all part of the character !!

For me this place is all about value for money, and a heated swiming pool thrown in
also if you want it tea and coffee on tap at no extra cost.

I found the rooms to be basic but pleasantly comfortable / functional and certainly clean, if im paying it would not be any other way and im fussy !

Broadband for your laptop if you must.

Breakfast and evening meal 10/10 you cant beat home cooking, Zggy and Lyn take great pride in what they but on the table.

Eden Lodge for me is like one big easy chair and thats what you want after a days work or even better if your on holiday

You might say, well people can come on to this site and write what they like good or bad,
im not a Labourer not that it should matter but work for a well known restoration company and specalize in renovating listed buildings all around the country,so i stay at a lot of places.
So maybe you can judge for your self if im qualified to write this review.

I forgot to mention Falmouth one word WOW !!!! injoy.

I

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Rogerplymouth
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2011

I would advise people to stay anywhere but this place, i would have rather slept in the street. I stayed for one night and left early due to the state of the place. The couple who run it are bonkers, however only accentuate the state of the place. Hairs on the bed, no hot water and ancient furniture and peeling wall paper make this place hell on earth. The breakfast in the morning resembled aeroplane food and my wife felt ill for days. We, unlike the experiences of the other negative reviewers did manage to get a room, however i would not wish anyone to stay here. Ziggy and Lynn did not care for our complaints or comments and will allow this place to fall into ruins around them.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
57 Thank 187069Dan82
edenlodge, Owner at Eden Lodge, responded to this review, July 16, 2011
This person never stayed at eden lodge we have had noone stay called dan from Manchester and nobody has left early. This review is totally untrue and i believe it to be of malicious content. I consider that being called bonkers is a defimation of charactor and should not be printed.

Travelers are raving about these Falmouth hotels

Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Title says it all. I have stayed in better hostels on my student days when i travelled around the world. "Hosts" What hosts more like Ghosts. Didnt want to know about very poor cleanthiness in both rooms and facilities. Do not waste you money and enter at your own risk! Best thing about Eden Lodge is closing the door when you leave.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
41 Thank slippytit
Reviewed June 9, 2011

I look forward to returning to the Eden Lodge each week. I love to relax in the pool and find it great. Even I forget my trunks. Then my hosts find a costume for me. Marvelous hostility. Great value. Thanks Lynn offer& Ziggy

• Stayed June 2011