“Friendly B & B”

Ranked #34 of 83 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Friendly B & B”
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Recommended by people we met in London, Heidi and Paul were very welcoming and friendly, living up to their reputation. Off street parking is available, only 5 mins drive into town centre. Breakfast very good, a huge choice of freshly cooked foods including kippers. A cosy breakfast room, talking to other resident travellers. Our room was adequate, clean, tidy, and very reasonably priced. Paul gave us advice/directions on how to get into Falmouth town centre, also had local maps and printed info available.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kezza48
heidirads, Owner at The Observatory Guest House, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you, we are so pleased you liked us and enjoyed the breakfast, hopefully see you again one day :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 1, 2011

We needed somewhere to stay for one night only,open day at uni. Do not know area at all, did hunt through internet , rang a few and thank goodness I found lovely Heidi. Both Heidi and Paul made it all so much easier. Explained how to get here, there and everywhere!! Clean, cosy room , good size, great shower, TV etc all followed by a great breakfast, all you need! Reasonable rates and good location too. Would stay again for certain, Thankyou!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank zaksmum_01
Thank you for your kind review, we are glad to be of help, with direction and recommendations, so please you enjoyed your stay with us.
Ivybridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2011

One night stay in double bedroom with en suite. Good room with TV etc. Comfortable bed.
Very friendly hosts.

Overall a very nice, easy going place with top notch breakfast :D

Cheers

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jessy C
Very kind review, Thank you. so pleased you thought breakfast was top notch :-D
Southampton
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Booked a short motorcycling break at the last minute and loved the place. Greeted on arrival by the lady of the house and given priority parking space for the bike. Room clean and very comfortable ( albeit a bit tight with the extra bed in the room). Superb choice of breakfasts, all freshly cooked to order. A good allround B&B run by a friendly couple. Would definitely stay again if we went back to Falmouth.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gabbagabbaheyhey
Thank you for your kind review, hope you are still motor biking. :-D
London
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I was already in Falmouth (for an interview at the university) but without a bed! Luckily Heidi and Paul had room for me that night. I paid £40 for single occupancy of a double room.

The room was spacious. The round-the-corner en suite was charming. The shower was a power shower, good temperature controls. There was a large tv on the wall and free wireless (fast).

When I arrived Heidi whipped out a map and showed me a walk around the town and beaches which I did (and was lovely). She was very friendly and kind and quickly let me know which facilities were nearby and suggestions for a quiet dinner, as I's told her I was tired.

Breakfast was generous and delicious.

The owners kindly let me leave my bag at the hotel as I had to go out for the day. In the evening when I came back Paul gave me a lift down to the next night's b and b - I was so sorry they did not have room for me to stay the second night!

The decor is comfortable and a little eccentric, and I think this added to my experience. I really enjoyed my stay at the Observatory and will try to stay there again. Massively recommended.

Room Tip: My room was ground floor (room 5?) with blue round-the-corner loo.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank pikiichu
Thank you for your kind review, we were happy to be of help to you, pleased you like my quirky decor and breakfast. :-)
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2011

My girlfriend and I visited Falmouth in April 2011 to see Greg Davies' stand up tour 'Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog' and were looking for hotels in the Falmouth area. We stumbled across The Observatory Guest House which was both reasonably priced and had good reviews on Trip Advisor.

When we arrived at the Guest House, a note was left on the door to inform us that the owners had popped out and that we should go on up to our room and make ourselves at home. When we went back outside to grab our bags, the owners returned to welcome us and they were both very polite and friendly. They also asked us what the reason of our visit was, at which point we told them and they continued to ask if we knew the area at all. It was our first time in Falmouth, and both Heidi and Paul gave us directions to the Princess Pavilions and the Town Centre.

The room itself was very spacious, clean and the bathroom was much of the same. Facilities in the room included a kettle, digital TV, chest of drawers and wardrobe. We were more than happy with the room and service that we received and will no doubt return in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HoddzDJ
Thank you for your lovely review, please to be of help to you.:-D
London
Reviewed November 29, 2010

We spent two nights at the Observatory in a double en-suite bedroom, and it only cost £60 per night including breakfast. The room has lots of character and was fairly large for a B&B room. The décor was relatively modern and the whole room was very clean. The bathroom had a large shower cubicle, but the water pressure was very poor. The location was very good (only 5-10 minute to the harbour) and while we were concerned about the noise of the road, the double-glazed sash windows kept the room very quiet. A very sizeable and tasty full English was included, and the hosts were happy to cook us whatever we asked for. The owners were in general very hospitable and friendly without being overbearing, like some B&B hosts can be!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fieldsendchris
So happy you liked your stay with us and that you enjoyed my breakfasts, I do enjoy cooking them.;-D