“A perfect place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heritage House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Heritage House
Ranked #28 of 81 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“A perfect place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at Heritage House for one night with friends. We had the place to ourselves, with no other guests. Lynne was an excellent host, very welcoming, even during communications before we arrived and extremely flexible and accommodating. The little touches of offering to make us a cup of tea as we were getting ready to go out, accompanied by a slice of cake were very appreciated. The breakfast was superb I think we all selected a different cooked breakfast! Nothing was too much trouble. All of the rooms very comfortable, and had everything we needed. Lynne seemed to really enjoy having her guests and it was a real pleasure to meet her and stay in this great very reasonable place.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have been staying at the Heritage House over a long period of time for varying lengths of stay due to work commitments. Many of my work colleagues have also stayed here. We have nothing but praise for Lynn and the service she has provided for us. Our rooms our lovely and we have an excellent nights rest after a long days work, which I must say we have not in other so called better B AND B we have had to stay in when Heritage House has sadly been fully booked. We are also very grateful that Lynn makes us a packed lunch as we are gone early in the morning and miss the cooked breakfast. I feel this speaks volumes of how kind and accommodating she is . Myself and my colleagues have no hesitation in recommending Heritage House for anyone who wants a clean comfortable and friendly place to stay for what ever the occasion.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Initially, my impression of Heritage House was very positive. We were warmly welcomed by Lynn, who was very helpful and had previously been flexible with check in and out times. My friend and I, who were in Falmouth for a wedding, were impress by the cleanliness of the rooms and satisfied with the available facilities. However, these first impressions were to be short lived. On check out, we were rudely (and wrongly) accused of having a third person staying in the room and told that amendments had been made to our booking and further payments would be required. We were then informed that there was video evidence of the 'third person' leaving the guest house earlier that morning. It is worth noting that the all rooms had been occupied the previous night and to my knowledge we were the only accused. We offered to review the 'evidence' with Lynn which was declined. After arguing for several minutes, she reluctantly stepped down and we left feeling taken aback by the incident. Neither my friend or I felt that we received an even remotely sufficient apology. As a regular guest house user, I have never been spoken to in such a manner. Needless to say, I will be not returning or recommending Heritage House to others.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Emma F
HeritageHouseFal, Owner at Heritage House, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for your positive comments, but obviously it is disappointing to receive a review that can potentially harm your business. I always try to accommodate guests requests on arrival and departure times and were happy to be flexible to enable you an early check-in for your afternoon wedding, a late check-out the next day, and also for a late breakfast, which you chose not to take. The person I saw leaving I did not recognise as one of my other guests and wrongly assumed that you had invited a friend to stay in your room. It is not common that guests ‘sneek’ in other guests without my knowing, but during my 25 years in the business, it has happened. As you had not returned until 4am that morning it was a possible situation, especially as the two of you had a room for three persons. On checking, I now know that it was in fact one of the other guests, who previously had gone out, returned for something and then went out again. I did apologise at the time for the misunderstanding and then put my apology in writing to you later that day in an email. I presume, from you writing this review, it is an email you have not read yet.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

i stayed 5 weeks at heritage house for work purposes, lyn was a very good host very freindly and welcoming and a brilliant breakfast i would be sure to stay again if i was ever in that area again very highly recomended

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

A bit of a home from home and a great addition to my working away from home. Very well positioned for busses to the university as well as walking to town or the beach. useful chip shop and corner shop nearby as is penmere station

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JUQ
Ivybridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We arrived at Lynn's just after midday, to be greeted with a warm friendly smile, from Lynn. We we shown up to our room, and then offered a cup of tea and a hot cross bun.
This is about our 3rd stay with Lynn, and it's just like going to stay at an old friends house. Always a warm friendly welcome, and nothing is to much, she even invited our daughter, and flat mate over for breakfast! Not many places would do that!
Well worth the stay, will be booking in again next time we are down in Falmouth,
Thanks Lynn

• Stayed April 2014
eastbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

Once again we have had a special week staying with Lynne and Katie while there to visit our son and his girlfriend. On arrival we were greeted with tea and on this occasion, some of Katie's birthday cake. As usual our room was lovely, clean and comfortable and breakfast was excellent. Our son was able to have some too. It was also my birthday during our stay and Lynne celebrated this with a candle in my breakfast sausage.
Thank you once again Lynne and we hope to be back later in the year.

Room Tip: Over the years we have stayed in all the different rooms and have found them all comfortable.