“The Friendliest Hosts Ever”

Trelawney Guest House
Trelawney Guest House
Ranked #30 of 80 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“The Friendliest Hosts Ever”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

This guest house is a customer service heaven, Sean and Tessa are nothing short of amazing. It was like staying with family.

Amongst other normal service, these are some of the things that went beyond normal.

Find and helping us book a take away (good choice too) even offered to pay if we werent back from the shops in time
Setting us a place to eat so late in the evening.
Checking where we are going and giving us sound directions to our appointments (like having a PA).
Asking what time we would like breakfast, not assuming anything (incidentally Breakfast was amazing)
My favourite, Checking our car to see if it needed de-icing

Truely amazing and will continue to have my business whenever i visit Falmouth.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank richiemercer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Antwerpen
Reviewed August 22, 2010

My son and I got the twin room downstairs: a small room with a very tiny shower and toilet right in front of that shower.
Because this twin room is next to the room of the owners and the front door: you hear every "hello and goodbye conversation" as in your own room.
We stayed 3 nights and the 3th day (14h: back from a long morning walk), we noticed that we didn't got fresh towels, so the wet, used ones where lying on the toiletfloor all day. Unfortunately, the owner was not awake so we waited half an hour till he came out of his room. He mumbled something and went to the kitchen without coming back... Late in the evening, we got fresh ones.
All by all I think we spent far to mucht:(270 £) for a room like this for 3 nights.
I will not go to this B&B again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Ringwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2010

My wife, daughter and I needed to stay in Falmouth for a couple of nights to find somewhere for our daughter to rent for a year - so we really did well to choose the Trelawney.

Our rooms were great, each with en suite, hot drinks, bottled water and they were a good size too. The location was quiet with parking on the road outside and we could walk into Town so no need to spend time searching for a parking space ( which was at a premium when we went in mid August). A couple of minutes drive away and you were in the area around Pendennis Castle and the local beaches. A few minutes in the other direction and you are in Penryn - perfect!

Breakfast was a good traditional english cooked type with pots of tea on offer to drink.

Then there is Tessa and Sean the owners - so helpful and attentive when you needed them. I could go on but all in all this was the perfect place.

• Stayed August 2010
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I stayed for a couple of nights in the ensuite double room. The B&B is in a handy location, a short walk into town and to the beach, and with free parking on the road outside. Owners are lovely people - very friendly and helpful; breakfasts are large and good quality. With the room, it really depends what you are expecting. If you need somewhere reasonable to stay at not too much expense then it's fine, and probably better than many of the alternatives at the price. But the B&B has a 4 star rating, so I was perhaps expecting something a little more special. The room was okay, but quite cramped (especially the bathroom), and it just isn't somewhere you want to spend time. Also the room only had a thin, and not terribly clean, rollerblind for window dressing - which made the room very light from early in the morning.
Generally I'd say it's fine as a 3 star B&B, but could do with a bit of updating to justify the 4 star rating.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2010

Well, we've just come back from a 4 day stay (thanks to my sister's wedding) and I had a great time - everything we needed was there, down to the little things that make the difference between an average stay and a memorable one, and this was certainly the latter. The hosts - Tessa & Sean have been there 3 years, they are very friendly, open and always helpful and were fantastic in assuming the role of local store of information, feeding us amazing breakfasts, taking care of maintaining our room, which was always clean, every amenity being present down to WiFi and a hairdryer in every room. I found the bathroom a little small (mostly elbow room climbing out of the shower) but I'm a big guy, and the room we had could have had a better view, as it mostly featured the passage between houses, but to be honest - that was no hardship as we weren't really in the hotel for the view (the area has an arresting beauty that makes you want to get your shoes on and get out there, plus I had my sister's wedding so it was almost a business trip).
The location was also spot on, being situated in a leafy quiet side street, with the beach and coastline just around the corner, the town centre a mere 10 min walk.
Anyway, I don't have any hesitation in recommending Trelawney, and I made a couple of friends in the process of being there.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
York
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I nominate Tessa & Sean as the Samaritans of Falmouth.

Eden Lodge further along Melvill Road, pulled an unforgiveable nasty trick on us, and left us high and dry with nowhere to stay, with less than 3 days notice.

Although Tessa & Sean at the Trelawney were fully booked and had never heared of us before, they arranged for us to stay in a flat belonging to a friend of theirs a few doors away, and provided us with breakfast every morning in the Guest House.

The breakfasts were superb, with good quality bacon, and sausages, 2 eggs, plenty of toast & preserves, yogurts, fruit juices and a choice of cereals.

Everything we needed was provided in the flat, and they gave us a lot of advice on places to visit in the area.

Very friendly people, who deserve to do well in business.

First class hosts! I'll be phoning thenm first when I'm thinking of visiting Falmouth again.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank V101
London
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We can not fault our stay at Trlawney. Our room was bright and airy with a lovely sea view. Breakfast was always lovely and Tessa and Sean were great hosts, full of wonderful ideas for days out in the local area. Would not hesitate to recommend this place for its friendly atmosphere and perfect location just a few minutes walk from both town and beaches.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple