“Brilliant Location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of 5 Degrees West

5 Degrees West
Ranked #24 of 222 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Grill
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are a large Bar & Grill in the heart of Falmouth, we easily cater for large groups and welcome children and dogs. Our large menu guarantees something for everybody from a range of vegetarian dishes to the best burgers in town! Our bar is well stocked and staffed by friendly helpful people, see you soon!
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Spent a week in Falmouth, and visited this pub/restuarant for food and drinks 3 times. Prior to the 1st visit, I popped in to speak to someone re my dietry condition, ie Coeliac, it is very important I avoid Gluten. The lady who I spoke to happened to be the Chef, she was amazing and stopped what she was doing to assure me that there would be no problems. This turned out so true. When we arrived Louise as was the Chefs name had pre advised the Waitress of my diet. I ordered my food, but as Louise was unsure if anyone had cooked anything in oil, she offered to make me an alternative. The waitresses Freya, was also very accomodating. My 2nd visit was also the same , however on my 3rd visit, it was completely different, Louise or Freya were not on duty. The current chef refused to do me an alternative to chips as he did not have time. I asked for some rice instead, advising that there were 6 of us and we would leave. He eventually agreed, but oh, the rice was grey and sticky, would have made good wallpaper paste. I asked to see the manager, who agreed it was unsatisfactory, she however provided me with a snack, and obviously took my meal off the bill. 5 degrees is in a lovely location, lovely building, but I would advise you to eat there, but only if Louise was cooking.....

“Great venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

When i 1st walked past on a sunny evening, i wasn't sure. lots of people drinking and hanging about on the steps outside. It looked like a drinking hole for locals. So i wandered in, as a sign outside said food. i was met with colourful bright decor. A good selection of real ales and ciders. quite a surprise.
If you walk past the bar, where theres a lot of people stood drinking and quite often, a band playing, it stretches back a long way to quite a large seating area, this is the restaurant area where the staff will seat you. and theres even more seats outside.
The menu is varied and there are some great dishes on there. The portions are a good size and they were cooked to perfection. All served up by friendly hardworking staff.
Definitely not what i expected when i was stood outside!!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank bob_thebaldie
England
“Great place to relax & eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have felt the need to write another excellent review for this restaurant, as many people travel to Cornwall and one good reason is to take our beloved dogs with us, this restaurant I am so happy to say allows dogs. So you are able to enjoy the food and not have to worry about your furry relative being left behind.
This year I have to say that food was even more appealing, new chef maybe? But fantastic, the staff are lovely & friendly and food superb.
I wish other restaurants would allow dogs because this would open up so much more business for themselves, especially down in Cornwall.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anglosaxeness
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Appearances sometimes deceive.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We went here late evening in desperation. From the outside it said 'pub grub' but it's far from it. Excellent food, very friendly and attentive service, it's a gem, a great find, try it, you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2014
“Good pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Good food, fabulous waiting staff. Good atmosphere with live music starting as we were leaving. Would certainly return.