“A return visit following my last negative review - a good experience!”
Review of The Shed

The Shed
Ranked #13 of 233 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: British, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Anyone reading this review will be able to see that I gave a negative review when I last visited. Following that review I was astonished that the owner Rory tracked me down for further feedback. I was also very impressed with his attitude, someone who takes the time to look into customer feedback. So on my recent visit to Falmouth I decided to definitely give it another try. And yes it was a very good experience. An upbeat atmosphere, friendly attentive staff and good food. The mojitoes were fantastic, how I love this cocktail when well made. A yummy starter was had by both my friend and I (the brie and the olives and bread) My friend really really liked her fish main. My lamb dish was really tasty, though just a tad fatty. I was so full I decided not to have a pudding, but my friend decided to have the waffle and icecream which I shared. Yes it was brilliant. I am being just a tad stingy not scoring this as excellent, it was just that the lamb was a bit too fatty. I would very strongly recommend others to come here.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

British cuisine at it's worst. The problem is that besides the small portions,(outrageous price of £12 for a two course lunch which wouldn't keep a mouse alive) I had to ask for a basket of bread to accompany my Moules et Frites. I think the Shed need to realise that in ANY other country a basket of bread would accompany such a meal. When I asked for bread the waitress kindly informed me that it was not part of the £12 lunch.
The Shed need to get real and ENCOURAGE custom......I have decided that The Shed is the last straw as far as eating out in the UK is concerned - from now on it's eat at home or a day trip to France!!

1  Thank kfk1212
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have a gluten allergy and found staff extremely accommodating.
I had a burger and asked what the gluten equivilent was and they said it was the same but without the bread. It states on the menu gluten free so i was hoping that they may have had gluten free bread. Understanding that it was out of season when we visited i can understand that they may not have had gluten free bread due to a waste of stock. That aside it was lovely.
Food was great and quick service.
Being able to see the kitchen was a nice touch.
Great location also
Will go again

Reviewed February 11, 2013

A restaurant that wants to be all things will invariable be lots of nothing...and so we have this place. Is it seafood, is it meat is it snacks? Well yes and no. Were is the food from...a local...supplier. Especially in this town, I think it is essential for the server to know where the food is from. No such luck. Deep fried stuff of unknown origin. Slow service just added to our dismay. Nothing done very well, nothing to horrible to eat or to send back. Considering it is beside the Shack and co owned, we were confused...see my review of our experience at the as Shack. I'm being kind with three stars.

Oh and the decor...reflected the menu...confused and annoying.

1  Thank Aroundth
TheShedFalmouth, General Manager at The Shed, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you experienced slow service - not our usual pace I can assure you. I am also sorry to hear that The Shed didn't suit you but very glad to learn that our sister restaurant (The Shack) did.

I actually take most of you comments on The Shed in a very positive light. We are not trying to be anything specific. We are an establishment that accommodates a wide variety of clientele with different tastes, who can enjoy good food and drinks in a great atmosphere.

We hope that you continue to enjoy what The Shack has to offer.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Our first visit to The Shed recently was for breakfast. We had often walked by early evening and it was always packed so we knew it must be good. And boy, we weren't disappointed. Four gorgeous breakfasts later, for my husband, two young daughters and myself and we knew this was going to be the first of many trips to The Shed when we are next in Falmouth. Staff super friendly too, with nothing too much trouble and very enthusiastic when discussing/recommending the food. They are obviously very passionate about offering good quality produce, cooked simply and to perfection. A bit of wait, but believe me, definately worth it.
Looking forward to coming back soon.

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that you had a great breakfast at The Shed and I thank you for you wonderful comments.

We aim to provide this kind of experience to every customer. It's exactly what The Shed is about, any time of day, week or year.

See you back at The Shed soon.