“Amazing food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Shed

The Shed
Ranked #18 of 222 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hailsham, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The food here was really good. My husband had the nachos and I had the warm beetroot salad. It was a shame that the restaurant wasn't a bit busier to create more of an atmosphere but it didn't put a dampener on our evening.

Visited November 2012

Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Romantic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Beautiful decor, atmosphere with polite and lovely staff.we ordered brei and it was a little undercooked and the food did take a little while to come but it didnt feel that long as we were enjoying the evening as an experiance as well. it is a small place and did get a little cramped and nosiy but not anymore than a normal popular place. a small but lovely menu and i enjoyed the food very much. went for an anniversary and really enjoyed it!

• Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dissapointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

After a previous visit a couple of years ago we decided to go back as we enjoyed it. On returning it was nothing like before. Although the place itself looks nice, the food was not up to scratch!

The 'brie in breadcrumbs' as a starter was more like a cheese board. We expected something small but were served two whole slabs of brie EACH which looked deep fried. I felt sick after eating this and was not looking forward to the main course. When we did get our food it looked incredibly un apetising, and the waiting stuff could have been more helpful.

To top it all off the next day I was treated to a day of sickness.. could not believe it! Such a shame as this place has a lot of potential. Wouldn't recommend it.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sophia W
TheShedFalmouth, General Manager at The Shed, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you for your review.

I am extremely saddened to hear that on your return visit you were disappointed. I apologise that we have not met your expectations.

We are constantly striving to achieve the utmost in food, beverage and service consistency. We work at this tirelessly, monitoring customer feedback and making changes accordingly. Our biggest aim is to ensure our personal service and that everyone leaves our establishment happy. This ethos has never left our sights in the nearly 6 years of ownership and so it deeply upsets me to hear of your opinion.

The Brie wedges are one of our most popular dishes. They have returned to our menu recently by popular demand. They are of course deep fried and this has never been an issue.

What did you have for main course? How could have the staff been more helpful? What exactly were we missing from two years ago?

I urge you to contact us directly to fill the gaps in your review so that we can then do something about the problems you have encountered.

On the subject of sickness: This is a very serious accusation and something which we do not take lightly. If you think that you were sick from our food, you must contact us directly immediately. It is without doubt unfair to suggest this in your review. We work closely with our local health authority and any person with suspected food illness should be looking at least 48 hours previous to their symptoms and not the day before.

Kind regards

Rory Lamb
Truro, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad food and poor service. Over rated.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very disappointed with the meals a friend and I received at this restaurant. The decor is lovely and we were very enthusiastic to try it out. However, my friend had to complain about her meal and the complaint was not at all well received by the staff. She was grudgingly offered her meal for half price which quite frankly was not good enough. I had a salad which was drenched in mayonaisse and tasted of fish. Poor.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FlorenceB B
Thank you for your review.

I am both sorry and shocked to hear of your disappointment and kindly request that you contact us directly by phone or via our website so that we can learn the full nature of your complaint.

When did you visit? What meals did you have? What exactly was your complaint?

I can only assume that your last comment was referring to our Caesar salad which would have tasted of fish as it contains anchovies.

I apologise that I cannot respond as well as I would have hoped due to the lack of detail in your review.

I look forward to hearing from you so that we can hopefully find some resolution to the issues raised.

Kind regards

Rory Lamb
St. Neots, United Kingdom
“Good food in great atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch after visiting the Maritime Museum. Nice relaxed atmosphere. The food was good and so was the service.