“Relaxed Friday night food”
Review of The Goshawk

The Goshawk
Ranked #131 of 575 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

I'd eaten here just once before ,and wanted a bit of a run out in the country , and the hope of a repeat performance as far as the food was concerned . I was not disappointed
Great roaring fire to welcome us
,friendly staff too
Starters simple but delicious especially pâté
The lamb shank and the salmon full of taste
O and the selection of beers and wines good as well
What pity I was driving !!

1  Thank Joro1234

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Chose the Goshawk for a wedding anniversary meal and received excellent service from all staff and the food was likewise excellent.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Came to our favourite haunt, The Goshawk, for a late lunch. Lovely fire to welcome you and pleasant, helpful staff.
For starters we ordered scallops with chorizo & cauliflower puree & eggs benedict with smoked salmon. All was absolutely delicious.
Main courses were battered haddock, chips & mushy peas (the large version, which is very large!) & salmon with sun dried tomatoes & basil risotto.
As usual the haddock was excellent quality & well cooked. The salmon was fabulous, melted in the mouth & the risotto was just gorgeous, a really lovely combination of flavours.

As mentioned in a previous review, the staff are very friendly & helpful & nothing is too much trouble for them.
The Goshawk is one of Cheshire's best & I would thoroughly recommend a visit.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

What a wonderful team of staff!!! My cousin didn't like the smokey flavour of his burger so it was swiftly replaced! The team of waiting staff and managers are fantastic it was refreshing to have a young team who really knew what they were doing. Food took the right amount of time and was absolutely fantastic!!!

I had the duck stack starter, pork roast and brownie and ice cream with an extra scoop of rum and raisin and it was fantastic we all loved the food!

We were celebrating my nana's birthday and the staff put a ice candle in nana's pudding so we could sing!

We will definitely definitely be back please keep up the good work and we look forward to the next visit!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have eaten here many times but this is the first time I have written a review as I have only recently started to use Tripadvisor. We dined here a week ago and had an excellent meal, as alwaysl. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and they are willing to adapt the menu to suit your requirements not that ever needs that much adjusting.

The atmosphere is always very pleasant and the staff are very welcoming and attentive.

There was a glorious fire to welcome you which is always a plus on a dark and dismal evening.