“Good if a little slow ....”
Review of Chang Noi

Chang Noi
Ranked #128 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
London
“Good if a little slow ....”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

So my father wants to go and see the last day of the golf in Liverpool but he also wants authentic Thai Green curry for dinner, trip advisor to the rescue !

The Chang Noi is in the middle of no where, and there was likewise to public transport in sight, however its a few miles from the motorway and has a large car park. The interior was clean if a little tired (it is in fairness and old pub, which was to my fathers delight selling beer of draft and had a fulling functioning bar also).

Guest were locals who had popped in for a drink the the bar area, or like use to, had come for dinner. The menu offers a wide selection, perhaps too wide and the descriptions of each item focused too much on how the dish had coma about as versus what was in the dish and what it tasked like.

Our started arrived about twenty minutes after our order and our main course took an hour !! In fairness when we reminded them it took about five minutes (I think they forgot). The food however was excellent, tasty, fragrant, subtle and generous in portion size also.

Value for money wise we had two cources and some drinks and it came to about £36, so yes, it was good value, I would go to this place again (be warned it is little spit and sawdust) but the food is really good, I would perhaps next time ask the staff for an ETA on each dish and remind them sooner if things are running a bit late.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Gwyn P

• Thai first
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Great food shame about the surroundings.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Visited the Chang Noi early one Saturday evening with my husband and son. Hadn't been before though noticed the reviews were positive. The food was good and very reasonably priced - £47 for 3 starters, 3 mains and 4 drinks. What let the place down were the surroundings. The last time I visited the establishment was 20 years ago when it was the Birch & Bottle pub. Nothing inside has changed - same dreary old carpet, tired conservatory and sticky tables. Not a very appealing or romantic setting. The staff were friendly and efficient though weren't wearing uniforms so looked a bit scruffy. The guy who came to clear our table came out of the kitchen wearing a t-shirt, track suit bottoms and trainers ! Would I go again ? Yes if I was hungry and happened to be passing, though I wouldn't make a special trip. The food is good but the surroundings need some investment and there are far nicer places around.

• Visited June 2014
Chester, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Thai Food”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Quite simply the best Thai food you will get outside of Thailand. The food is extremely tasty, well presented and the service is excellent. Not the best location for a restaurant this good which is a shame. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
Elton cheshire
“Perfection”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My husband and I ate at Chang noi for my birthday haven't been since they left mickle Trafford it was just how I remembered beautiful tasty food can't wait to go again z

• Visited April 2014
Cheshire
“Midweek out”
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a gorgeous meal here with my husband.
Wasn't sure what to expect but the food was gorgeous. We had two starters and 2 mains and fury drinks and it wax really reasonable. Will definitely go again.