“Simply the best”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Upstairs at the Grill is a split-level Manhattan-style steakhouse and intimate cocktail bar located in Chester City Centre. Open Monday to Thursday from 5pm and from 12pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday, we offer our guests the opportunity to explore our selection of locally sourced dry aged beef and extensive wine list. We look forward to welcoming you to Upstairs at the Grill.Upstairs At The Grill is available for a range of private parties, birthday parties, working lunches, business meetings or wedding receptions. Whether an intimate table of 2, party of 8 or an all-out celebration for 80, we’re here to help.
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I have been here on many occasions but this lunch stands out!... As per usual the staff are incredibly helpful and knowledgable... The food, wow!... try the French onion and bone marrow soup, to die for! Then the steak in blue cheese source... Wow it's made my day eating here it really is the best I promise

Write a ReviewReviews (2,417)

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Steak was simply gorgeous, the food quality overall was excellent and the staff all know their menu and the different cuts of steak. The choice of wine and alcohol is plentiful and all i would say is don't miss out, but you will have to book in advance.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Had a meal here on a Thursday evening - really friendly staff; funky decor; good wines; food was very tasty indeed, and enough of it. Really enjoyed the experience. Dave our waiter was great too! Can't wait for our next visit.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

My first visit to the restaurant and expectations high after reading the reviews; quality of food and service excellent but some niggles--Gordons gin and tonic not available, I don't need to be shown cuts of meat and don't want to be told to cut into my meat to see if it's cooked to my satisfaction! Also, the restaurant is small and our dinner for two was spoilt by tables of very noisy men.
Would I visit again? Possibly.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Visited this restaurant with a party of 13 for the first time in about five years and was not disappointed.

Though not cheap the quality of the food is as good as ever. The scallops followed by the fillet steak was excellent.

One minor gripe, every bottle of wine we ordered was unavailable.

Everyone enjoyed their meal and I would not hesitate in visiting Upstairs at the grill again in the near future.