“Probably the best in the North West”

Upstairs at The Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Upstairs at The Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Upstairs at the Grill is a split-level Manhattan-style steakhouse and intimate cocktail bar located in Chester City Centre. Open Monday to Thursday from 5pm and from 12pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday, we offer our guests the opportunity to explore our selection of locally sourced dry aged beef and extensive wine list. We look forward to welcoming you to Upstairs at the Grill.Upstairs At The Grill is available for a range of private parties, birthday parties, working lunches, business meetings or wedding receptions. Whether an intimate table of 2, party of 8 or an all-out celebration for 80, we’re here to help.
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Probably the best in the North West”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The food was excellent. The "Team" were just fantastic, they just could not do enough for us.
I can could not fault this restaurant on their food , presentation, or service.
Truly Amazing

• Turkish first
United Kingdom
“AMAZING!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I went here for the first time recently with my partner for his 21st Birthday meal, and I have to say it is one of the nicest restaurants we've ever been too! After hearing it was a special occasion, our very kind waiter brought us 2 glasses of complimentary champagne, which I thought was such a lovlely touch. The evening only got better, we skipped starters, eager to try the steaks. I had Rump and my other half had Sirloin. I have to say, it was the best steak i've ever eaten, it was beautifully cooked (med/well) and accompanied by the tastiest onion rings and american fries, a beautiful meal! Even though we were pretty full from our delicious main, we HAD to try a dessert. I opted for the Chocolate and Honeycomb Pot, which was reccomended by our waiter, and I know why! It was absolutely delicious! My partner had Creme Brulee and thouroughly enjoyed it. If your looking for a nice restaurant for a special occasion or even for an ordinary evening you must try this little gem, amazing atmosphere and the most beautiful food!

Brisbane, Australia
“Pricey but tasty”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Service was good, sat at the bar, made interesting chat with bar tender. We had no reservations, but the manager was very helpful and accommodating. Have steaks here, it's v v good.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank luluchic
Evesham, United Kingdom
“Best Steak House, excellent customer service. A************”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Having been to Gouchos and Hawksmoor in London my expectations of Steak Houses is pretty high, I can honestly say hand on heart Upstairs at the Grill knocked the spots off both!!
Amazing value for money, food was very quick and was both presented in a brilliant style as well as being mouth watering! For me customer service is a huge part of any dining experience and the staff on Saturday night were fantastic.

I cannot fault the place and will certainly visit again next time I am in Chester, do not miss out on this place.

Thank you everyone you made a great day finish in style.

Chester
“Super food”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We visited on a Friday lunch to have their steak and chips for eleven pounds, was excellent came with small salad and bread served as different courses.

Even though we were eating on offer service was great and so was food.