“A Must Visit - Even if you have to travel”

Upstairs at The Grill
Ranked #4 of 575 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Upstairs at the Grill is a split-level Manhattan-style steakhouse and intimate cocktail bar located in Chester City Centre. Open Monday to Thursday from 5pm and from 12pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday, we offer our guests the opportunity to explore our selection of locally sourced dry aged beef and extensive wine list. We look forward to welcoming you to Upstairs at the Grill.Upstairs At The Grill is available for a range of private parties, birthday parties, working lunches, business meetings or wedding receptions. Whether an intimate table of 2, party of 8 or an all-out celebration for 80, we’re here to help.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We visit Upstairs at the Grill on a regular basis but are new to Tripadvisor. I'm a great beleiver in "You get what you pay for" & with USATG that's exactly what you get. Quality from start-to-finish, be it Wine, Setting, Staff, Atmosphere, Entree's or the wonderful Steaks.
Top, Top Quality & they do remember you when you return - Loyalty means something to them so go on, treat yourself..
Well Done & we'll be back soon..

1  Thank lisamb38
Write a ReviewReviews (2,423)

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Booked this for my husbands birthday, February 23rd. It was a real treat from the moment we walked through the door. We started upstairs, with mini cocktails and a look at the 'meat'! The staff could not have been more warm and welcoming. We then ordered our meal and we were taken downstairs to the main restaurant area. I started with the omlette, which was served beautifully, in a little frying pan. Followed by the rib eyed steak. It was cooked beautifully. A lovely touch was our glasses being refilled with water throughout the meal. We where then taken back upstairs to the bar area where we enjoyed a glass of wine and dessert. It was expensive, but worth every penny and I whole heartly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Clayres74
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Upstairs at the Grill last night and I very much recommend it to anyone who loves their steak. The welcome and service throughout the meal were second to none and the staff explained the menu choices and where the ingredients were sources from, most of which were local. We ate early in the evening so the atmosphere was lacking but as the evening went on and the restaurant filled up the atmosphere improved. The meal was prepared perfectly and the steak was probably the best I've had. The bar upstairs is fab too with a wide selection of good quality whiskies, I'd recommend the Japanese with chilled granite stones in place of ice. Overall a great experience and I can't wait to return.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I visited this restaurant last week and thought it was lovely. At first I thought the food was a little pricey-but then I tasted it. It was worth every penny. Absolutely gorgeous and cooked to perfection. I recommend the seabass. The staff were polite and friendly and couldn't have done more to help us. Next time I am in Chester-this is where I will be eating out.

1  Thank Lizbobbaker
Reviewed March 16, 2013

3 of us ate here last night and it was an absolute pleasure and unique dining experience from the start. The food and ambience of the place was sensational. Loved the welcome at the bar, the tray of meats we were shown, with interesting explanations and tasting notes for each cut and the friendliness of all the staff. Our 19year old son was similarly impressed and that takes some doing. Just first class and if in Chester, treat yourself.