“Chloe and Pippa!!!”

Ranked #53 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
macclesfield
“Chloe and Pippa!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

Fantastic! Very Clean, Nicely Decorated! Very Helpful, will definatly be staying there when we next go to chester! Reasonably Priced! Would recommend 100%

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank chlojo2085

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Humberside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

Always a warm welcome from Louise and her family at this comfortable, friendly guest house. Everything you require is there, if there's something you particularly want just mention it. I love going to visit them, it's like visiting old friends. In an ideal position for visiting Chester. An easy stroll into the city which is reknowned for it's history . Stroll along the river and through the park onto the rows which are unique to Chester. Good stop over for a few days either on the way to the lakes or over to North Wales. The Cheshire Oaks Shopping Outlet Village is within a 20 minute drive or easily accesible by public transport, a paradise for shoppers. I'll be back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
skåne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

This is a place that I would most certainly consider revisiting. Fine location with a nice 15 minute walk to the city centre. Very nice landlady. And food was great too.
Highly recommended.
Cheers! Christer Steen (from SKÅNE, Sweden).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Leicester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2008

We stayed in this lovely guesthouse as a party of 17 people for a family members birthday. We had a great weekend in Chester, made all the more memorable by the owner Louise, who always went the extra mile for you.
Not one member had a bad word to say about the state, location or friendliness of the Latymer guesthouse. Everything from room cleanliness and facilities (tea and coffee, tv etc) to the filling breakfast in the morning was faultless.

This accomodation was outstanding value for money and there is no doubt that many of the party will be returning in the near future. This comes highly recommended to all people of all ages who want to enjoy exploring the sites of Chester and the surrounding area. Thanks again for a memorable stay, and hope to be back shorlty!

• Liked — The friendliness, cleanliness and breakfast!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2008

This is the second time I have stayed at Latymers and on all fronts I can only recomend it most highly. The owners are considerate and helpful, the rooms are excellently maintained and the food is of the highest quality. A very friendly experience and all the guests I spoke with felt the same. If you are visiting Chester look no further this is the venue to stay at. Many thanks to Paul, Louise and the family, hope to see you soon Kirk

• Liked — Friendly, homely and all round excellence
  • Disliked — leaving after only two days could have enjoyed a longer stay
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank spikesellers
Frankfurt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

I booked this so called hotel because of the good reviews and can hardly believe that we were in the same Latymer. I have been in many Bed and Breakfasts before and compared to the others this is only a low standard one. And I can't recommend it to anyone for the price we paid.

My girlfriend and I stayed there in August 2008 for three nights. We booked it for 75 Pounds per night. When we left I told the landlady that we were not satisfied at all and she reduced the price to 60 Pounds which in my opinion was still far to expensive.

The good things I can say about this B&B are:

1. The landlady was very friendly.
2. The bedroom was large.
3. We could park our car on the grounds.
4. Breakfast was o.k. though nothing extraordinary for the price.
5. It seemed to be reasonably clean.

Those were the flaws:

1. The bathroom was so tiny you couldn't swing a cat in it. Not even a mouse. In the shower you could hardly move. If your soap fell down you had to press tightly against the wall to pick it up without flooding the bathroom.

2. The curtain for the shower stank. I don't know what they did with it but the whole room stank after it.

3. In contrast to other comments, we found the service neglegtfull: no milk in our room, on the first night no spoons (try to prepare instant coffee without a spoon.), no glasses or at least plastic cups for our toothbruhes. I used my hands instead to drink water for gargling. (You couldn't drink out of the tap because the washbasin was so tiny you would have rammed your head at the tap.) We only got one roll of toilet paper for the three days. Luckily we expected it to run out and asked for a new one the last evening. Otherwise we would have had a problem on the next morning. There also was no hairdryer.When we asked the landlady, we got her own one. I wouldn't expect one in a cheap bed and breakfast. But in a hotel which charges 75 or 60 Pounds per night I certainly do.

4. The furnishing of the room was poor. We felt uncomfortable. Only one hard chair for the two of us. Hardly any decoration. The light on one night table was not working.

5. The curtain was of a cream colour and the light shone through it. That woke us up very early.

6. On the website of the hotel and in some of the reviews beautifull grounds are mentioned. The window of our room faced the car park. And behind that was a busy road.

7. On the website it is said that this so called hotel were in easy walking distance from the city center. In one review it is mentioned that it takes 10 to 15 minutes to get there. Maybe it's just a question of definition. We needed 26 minutes (yes, we stopped it), and we walked quickly. In ten to fifteen minutes we could only reach a roundabout with many cars. As we are not very fond of cars we wouldn't define this as the city center. For us it's the area with the shops and pubs and restaurants and all that stuff.

8. I must admit that I lost my temper when the landlady told me that I couldn’t pay by credit card when we checked out. (And I do not easily lose my temper.) We booked this so called hotel via the internet and I garanteed the booking with my credit card. So I din’t expect this and I am also not the guy who always has 225 Pounds in his wallet. So we had to walk to the next cash machine which luckily was nearer than the city center in easy walking distance.

You can certainly imagine that we wouldn`t recommend this so called hotel to anyone. At least not if you are charged more than 30 Pounds per night (not per person and night, mind you!). There should be better choices. The Best Western Queens Hotel for example, which has quite good reviews, was available for 65 Pounds per night. And that is really central. Although you couldn't book it in advance for this rate I think. We found it out when we were in Chester. When we looked up the Queens Hotel in the internet they charged more. So my advice: If you don't want to spend too much money on accomodation don't book in advance but book when you are there. You will most probably find something better than the Latymer B&B for 60 Pounds per night.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Muma00
Newcastle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2008

We stayed at the Latymer for a friends 40th Birthday and Chester Races which is within walking distance.
Although we did not spend a great deal of time in the Bed and Breakfast the time spent was thoroughly enjoyable.
The owners were very friendly and their conversations with us showed they were genuinely interested in our stay and comfort. Breakfast was lovely and we could not have been accommodated any more than we were. The location is ideal for Chester centre and sites.
The owners were celerbrating there first anniversary and their pride for their place was obvious.
Please give this accommodation a chance when looking for a friendly and quite stay.
I would and probably will be using this accommodation again when staying in Chester.

Stayed July 2008