“Spacious,but too white”

Ranked #52 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Pretoria
“Spacious,but too white”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

The spacious room was clean but it was too white and bare. Coffee/tea in the room. The breakfast was the usual standard English one. Nothing to complain about but it felt cold and uninviting.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nelgi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 21, 2011

This was our second visit to the Latymer Hotel,and it was as good as the 1st time.Thanks to Louise and family for a great stay,Louise was so helpful, booking cabs and restaurants for us, nothing was to much trouble.room was big and very clean, breakfast good,

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2011

My wife and I wanted a special birthday weekend location and we coulnd not have stayed in a more welcoming Hotel.
The family made Kris and I so welcome even though we arrived late on the Friday night due to being held up in traffic.
We would stay here again without hesitation.
Look forward to visiting Chester again in the near future and staying at the Latymer.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We booked this hotel for family that came over for my nephews christening, Louise was so helpful with the booking from start to finish.... Anything my family asked for was no trouble...she even made a extra bed up for an unexpected cousin!! Breakfast was ideal just help yourself to as much cereal as you want ( which you dont get with travelodge!!)
Cant wait till the next time....

• Stayed September 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 24, 2010

This lovely little Hotel definately impressed me, Great Prices, Very Comfortable, Very Clean, Nice Location and the owner, Louise went out of her way to make me feel at home and comfortable. I normally don't sleep very well when staying away from home, but I slept like a baby for the 3 nights that I stayed. If I every visit Chester again, it would be my first choice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2010

very friendly place, enjoyed our time in chester. disappointed with the breakfast as only options were toast and cereal.
room was clean and suited our needs for a one night stay, and close by to chester zoo!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
stockport
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I was slight disappointed by this hotel I needed a hotel for one night for my birthday as I wanted a night out in Chester, firstly I tried to contact this hotel and its impossible I contacted the hotel twice by phone call and twice by email and got no reply as I wondering if breakfast was included as it wasn’t stated on the website and what time check out was as on the internet is said 11 but when I got my conformation email it said 10 so I was confused (however when we arrive there was signs all over the place saying check out strictly 10 however we were told we could check out at 11 if we wanted) . Me and my two friends were really excited to stayed at this hotel as all the reviews seemed really good we arrived at 7.30pm ,Paul greeted us and was very friendly and showed us to our room and said if we needed anything to find him . We went into our room which was clean and comfortable and well decorated , however we realised that there was hardly any toilet paper left so at 8.30 pm we went to find Paul to ask for some more loo roll and to ask if he could ring a taxi for us however all the lights were switched off and everyone had gone to bed , we also hadn’t been informed about breakfast so we didn’t know if it was included and if so what time it was served at and we had to find taxi numbers on the internet, when we went out clubbing we had to take toilet paper from the loos so that we would have enough for the morning which I didn’t think we would have to do. The hotel is in an ideal location and was about a 15 min walk to the town centre but I short taxi drive which will about three pound which is fab as we were all in high heals we didn’t fancy the 15 minute walk. The nightlife is fantastic and Cruise was such a good club which has many different clubs in one. The next morning we were woke up by the sun as the curtains were so thin, we had a ground floor room and the noise from up stairs was so annoying and loud we were all woke up at 7am by people talking and banging the noise was continuous for three hours and we all couldn’t get back to sleep. We left the room at 10 am and there wasn’t anyone around so we waited ten minutes until the Paul arrived and said we could have some breakfast if we wanted to however there was a range of different cereals and croissants which we didn’t fancy as on one of the reviews it said they made a fry up , Paul was very friendly and told us about a café down the road however we headed into Chester City centre and had a Weatherspoons fry up which was excellent. The hotel is ok and Paul was very friendly ,the location is great , and the room was clean however we all didn’t get a good night sleep and left feeling disappointed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends