“Best steak I have had in a very long time.”
Review of The Blackhouse Grill - Chester - CLOSED

The Blackhouse Grill - Chester
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

This was a late afternoon visit and birthday treat for hubby.
Very quiet due to the time (3.30pm) ordered a glass of wine, served almost immediately. Great menu and decided on the rib eye. Perfectly cooked with chips in a quirky chip basket.. Nice touch!
Veg were extra, green beans ordered.. About 10 arrived in the bowl.. 3.50 extra charge.. Hmmmm..Pepper sauce in a tiny jug, also extra.. But delicious.
All in all no real complaints.. Thoroughly enjoyed and will return.

Grill on Newgat... C, Guest Relations Manager at The Blackhouse Grill - Chester, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

We are happy to hear that your dining experience was parallel to our high level of standard and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

K. Kelly

There are newer reviews for The Blackhouse Grill - Chester

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Lovely food with great service. A piano player provided the background music which was a nice change. A little pricey but worth it for a special occasion.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Went there with my wife and was a little dissapointed. Food was nice but nothing special. Expensive for what you got.

Had the bang bang chicken scewers and the calamari which was nice.
For main had the sirloin 280g steak, which was ok, nothing special. I think the matured steak I got from tesco was better. Also had the fillet which was a better cut and very tasty.

For dessert had the sticky toffee pudding which was the highlight of the meal!

You need to book as the place get very full.

Grill on Newgat... C, General Manager at The Blackhouse Grill - Chester, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

It is unfortunate to hear that your dining experience with us was not up to our high standards.

I would like the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further.

Please contact myself at the restaurant on the number provided and we can discuss any issues you may have.

I look forward to hearing from you.

L. Smith

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Ok, so we had a lovely day shopping in Chester. We walked around quite a lot looking for somewhere with a decent rating and decent food.
We stumbled across this place after a while.
We had a look on the menu from the outside. I thought it looked a little overpriced.
I thought as it was quite expensive the food would be fantastic, alas I was wrong.
The steak was very thin and quite tasteless (I was a chef for over 9 years, I have a delicate palate) and the "home cooked chips" were awful. They looked burnt and the plate was covered in grease. That's not how I cook chips!
The worst insult was the bill.
For 2 people it cost £38.00
The staff were very unfriendly too.
I won't be going back.

Dear Reviewer,

It is disappointing to hear that your dining experience was not up to our high standards.

If you would like to discuss this matter further please contact the number provided.

I look forward to hearing from you.

L. Smith

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked the blackhouse grill for our 4th anniversary. And it didnt disappoint, we arrived early but our table was ready, we asked for a outer booth table and 2 glasses of champagne which were promptly delivered to our table, the steaks and accompanyments were amazing and perfectly cooked. We will definately be back

Grill on Newgat... C, Guest Relations Manager at The Blackhouse Grill - Chester, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary meal with us and we hope to see you again soon!

K. Kelly