“Good steak, great atmosphere”
Review of The Blackhouse Grill - Chester - CLOSED

The Blackhouse Grill - Chester
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed in Chester for the first time in September 2012 as part of a lads break. We'd just walked up Snowdon and had a craving for steak, and were recommended the Blackhouse Grill by our hotel. One of the group had offered to pay for dinner so we all splurged with cocktails and steak, all excellent. The service was a bit slow, probably because it was Saturday night at 8pm and the place was packed, but nevertheless when you're spending £60 a head you expect the servers to be extremely attentive. The atmosphere was bustling and they had a live singer/pianist - a young lady who was really good (no idea of name). It was a great night.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The menu is limited with many grilled items and chips - If you like fast food chains with a posh angle then this is your ideal place only more expensive.

The prawns we ordered as a starter were sent back as they smelt very pungent and was not going to take the risk. (very small squidgy prawns x 3 at very handsome cost).

Lots of door people dressed in suits but busy talking to each other not really enough time to offer a genuine and warm welcome.

1  Thank salsa8680
Grill on Newgat... C, Manager at The Blackhouse Grill - Chester, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear reviewer

It is very disappointing to hear you view of the restaurant.

I would like the opportunity to discuss it with you further.

If you would like to contact myself at the restaurant on the number provided and I would be happy to discuss your visit with you.

I look forward to hearing from you

Reviewed June 25, 2013

For anyone looking for a great meal with superb hospitality, you don’t need to look much further than the Black House Grill.
On first impressions the restaurant is nicely fitted out while keeping a certain character of the building, but the clincher is the knowledgeable staff who take time to make suggestions for the meal and drinks.
The food is sublime, it would be a sacrilege to use a ‘traditional steak’ sauce for anything other than dunking some chips in!
Beautifully cooked and seasoned and rested steak at it’s finest. Not that this is their only trick, other people eating with me went for the pork and chicken specials, and felt equally as impressed as myself.
Talking of the food, I nearly forgot to mention the live pianist quietly entertaining you and your guests, a real treat.
This place is sure to become one of my favourite eateries.

For those that keep scores, 5 out of 5.

Grill on Newgat... C, General Manager at The Blackhouse Grill - Chester, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear reviewer

I am happy to hear that the service you recevied was at the level we strive to reach time after time. We work hard on training our team members so that they have the knowledge to pass on to guests.

I hope this mean we will see you very soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I have been to the restaurant and i won't be the last. The menu has such a wide range of choice, it is a little pricey but who cares because the food is so worth it! We had the sharing platter to start and a gorgeous fillet steak as a main which is te best I have ever tasted in any restaurant before! There was a good range of wines, beers and cocktails and the waiter who served us was very polite and attentive, We will definately be returning!

Dear reviewer

I am very happy to hear that your first experience with us was so enjoyable and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Second visit to the blackhouse grill in chester. Drinks at bar first, then to a little table for two in the corner. Calamari and thai fishcakes with bread and olives to start; delicious and well cooked. Chicken fajitas and rump steak for mains. My fajitas were delicious, but the rump was a little stringy this time for my partner. He didn't bother sending it back as he still enjoyed it. When talking to the manager at 'bill' time, he said he would have replaced it for us. Still we enjoyed with gin and tonic, long island tea cocktail, lime and soda and wainwrights £78. Nice night.
Completed survey at end of meal o a mini ipad and received a 25% voucher off by email today. So we will return.

Dear Reviewer

Thak you very much for your kind review and we look forward to seeing you with that voucher in the near future.