“Nice meal with excellent service”
Review of The Blackhouse Grill - Chester - CLOSED

The Blackhouse Grill - Chester
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northwich, England, United Kingdom
“Nice meal with excellent service”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went to The Blackhouse Grill last week and really enjoyed the evening. Restaurant was busy when we arrived. During the meal there was a very good female singer which created a great atmosphere.
The waitress for are table was excellent. The food was a good standard but any reasonable chief shouldn't mess a steak up. My partner had the goats cheese starter and I had the calamari which were both good. For mains I had the rump steak and was cooked as requested medium/rare. The side order of mushrooms was very good. My partner had the flattened rump steak which was ok but she wouldn't choice it again.

Overall the food was as expected for a steak restaurant. But the atmosphere and service was very good

• Visited March 2013

Prestatyn, United Kingdom
“Average”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Tables too squashed - I'm a curvy size 18 and was embarrassed I couldnt fit round the table to Sit on the padded side bench table so made a joke rather than look embarrased and in the end opted for a chair end. Could hear the conversation of the couple next to us.
I ordered steak fajitas and was disappointed, friend had the chicken fajitas which was cheaper and plentyiful in comparison.
Music was too loud to hold a conversation fo first half of the meal but we enjoyed the live singer.
Wouldn't rush back expected more I'm afraid.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went during half term with daughter, great time, food fab - other than slight problem with my cheeseboard but brilliantly delt with by trainee manager - well done. Great live music and excellent service, would go back again no hesitation.

Visited February 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely, romantic meal - great staff!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I took my boyfriend here on Sunday 17th Feb as a sort of late valentines meal surprise. I was surprised at how busy the place was for Sunday evening - which was nice as we didn't want the place to be dead.

We were given a choice of tables when we went in. The first one was cramped and squashed between two other tables but when I asked if we could sit somewhere a bit less crowded we were shown to a booth in the corner - very romantic :-)

We quickly got the wine that we ordered, then ordered a sharing starter and 2 ribeye steaks. Unfortunately, as tasty as the starter was, we both found the food to be luke warm at best. The steaks came, which we both ordered medium/rare. My boyfriends was more like well done to be honest - which he didn't mind. Mine however was perfectly cooked. We didn't complain about it as he wasn't too bothered (I've only just managed to convince him that medium over well done is the way forward!)

The staff were lovely, attentive and genuine - they could not be faulted.

All in all, I would recommend this place and I would go back - I would just make a note to ask if they could make sure the food was hotter!

• Visited February 2013
Cheshire
“Excellent food”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went here for a special lunch and were not dissapointed. Service is excellent and guests are welcomed by the maitre D - there arent that many restaurants that this is evident these days!
The menu is very comprehensive and all food is excellent. You can see the food being prepared in the kitchen and it looks very efficient and clean.
The atmoshphere here is helped that the staff are all friendly and efficient and at times they have a pianist in which make sit even nicer.

Visited November 2012