“Great Food and Service”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went during half term with daughter, great time, food fab - other than slight problem with my cheeseboard but brilliantly delt with by trainee manager - well done. Great live music and excellent service, would go back again no hesitation.

There are newer reviews for The Blackhouse Grill - Chester

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I took my boyfriend here on Sunday 17th Feb as a sort of late valentines meal surprise. I was surprised at how busy the place was for Sunday evening - which was nice as we didn't want the place to be dead.

We were given a choice of tables when we went in. The first one was cramped and squashed between two other tables but when I asked if we could sit somewhere a bit less crowded we were shown to a booth in the corner - very romantic :-)

We quickly got the wine that we ordered, then ordered a sharing starter and 2 ribeye steaks. Unfortunately, as tasty as the starter was, we both found the food to be luke warm at best. The steaks came, which we both ordered medium/rare. My boyfriends was more like well done to be honest - which he didn't mind. Mine however was perfectly cooked. We didn't complain about it as he wasn't too bothered (I've only just managed to convince him that medium over well done is the way forward!)

The staff were lovely, attentive and genuine - they could not be faulted.

All in all, I would recommend this place and I would go back - I would just make a note to ask if they could make sure the food was hotter!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went here for a special lunch and were not dissapointed. Service is excellent and guests are welcomed by the maitre D - there arent that many restaurants that this is evident these days!
The menu is very comprehensive and all food is excellent. You can see the food being prepared in the kitchen and it looks very efficient and clean.
The atmoshphere here is helped that the staff are all friendly and efficient and at times they have a pianist in which make sit even nicer.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

It is sometime since our last visit but the standard remains high. First class service, great food and reasonable prices. The staff were pleasant and friendly and we really enjoyed our evening.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My 3rd visit. This time on a sunday, wasnt overly busy but not quiet. Lovely atmosphere although no live singing this time.

Great service and food delicious, expensive for what I had "posh surf and turf" as only one scallop and a few crayfish tails served with 4/5 prawns on a sirloin steak for just under £20 and nothing served with it!! The starter was amazing, the sharing platter highly recommended and piping hot. Desserts nice but slightly high at just ubder £6 for a slice of cake.
To compare this food to McDonald's is absurd it definately was not fast food service or quality.
Nice for a treat.