“This place is amazing!”

Ranked #8 of 569 Restaurants in Chester
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

This was our second visit to Sticky and our first Sunday lunch experience. I opted for the crispy lambs tongue to start and my girlfriend ordered the pate which we both thoroughly enjoyed. Again I went for the stuffed and rolled pork belly for main and it was wonderful, my girlfriend ordered the lamb and enjoyed it very much. The staff are incredibly welcoming in a very relaxing way, this I like!

I can not believe that some people leave negative reviews for a restaurant of this quality! Both the food and service are second none and we will DEFINITELY be visiting again very soon! I feel so lucky that my favourite restaurant is only a short walk from where I live and would like to pass on my appreciation to the whole team on a job well done!

3  Thank Dai1981
Write a ReviewReviews (1,586)

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a simple lunch on my birthday. Beef tartare that ticked all the boxes. Perfect combination of flavours and the polenta chips were a perfect accompaniment. Rich and flavoursome pâté. Homemade focaccia that I couldn't stop ramming in my mouth. Creme brûlée with a perfect crust and consistency and a truly stunning parfait. All gorgeous and all backed up by friendly and efficient service. Do yourself a favour and go. We are so lucky to have such a great neighbourhood restaurant in the area. Can't wait to go back.

4  Thank Trettie
Reviewed August 10, 2014

An interesting menu, which is not run of the mill. Food is very good if a little "posey" and service was excellent. Not the cheapest, but worth a visit for something a bit different.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

When we are in the area we always like to go to the ‘Sticky Walnut’. So on the 19th July we took some good friends for dinner.

Quite frankly I think they have gone off the boil. Had a fantastic write up in the Guardian which has gone to their head.

Looking at what I had :
• Rosemary and thyme focaccia much reduced from what it used to be. It used to be the focaccia with oil separately now just a few slices of coated focassia
• Signature dish ‘Sticky Walnut ‘. Much reduced portion and presentation a shadow of its former self.
• Risotto. Very pleasant but a meagre portion

They’ll need to dramatically improve to regain their old reputation

6  Thank DerwentWalker
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My wife and our Four year old son have had a early evening tea together at our local bistro in hoole. We have eaten at this bistro several times before, day time and evening, and have never been disappointed.
Pre dinner drinks Cosmo's were as good as we have had at any cocktail bar in Europe.
Starters of beef tartare & pigeon were wonderful.
Our son was presented with a board of home made chicken strips and wedges .
Our mains of sea bass & shin of beef were wonderful .
Staff matched the wines wonderfully.
We all shared deserts of sticky toffee and and chocolate delice. We have eaten at many landmark restaurants and this is one of the best. The staff are very well polished and give a great front of house service.
As a Foodie this place is a wow!

2  Thank Stephen P