“Wow”

Ranked #8 of 569 Restaurants in Chester
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My wife and our Four year old son have had a early evening tea together at our local bistro in hoole. We have eaten at this bistro several times before, day time and evening, and have never been disappointed.
Pre dinner drinks Cosmo's were as good as we have had at any cocktail bar in Europe.
Starters of beef tartare & pigeon were wonderful.
Our son was presented with a board of home made chicken strips and wedges .
Our mains of sea bass & shin of beef were wonderful .
Staff matched the wines wonderfully.
We all shared deserts of sticky toffee and and chocolate delice. We have eaten at many landmark restaurants and this is one of the best. The staff are very well polished and give a great front of house service.
As a Foodie this place is a wow!

2  Thank Stephen P
Write a ReviewReviews (1,586)

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I could cut and paste a review from Bill and Bob.
"I had roast stone bass, saffron paella, squid ink and basil as my main dish but with the 2 pieces of fish were tiny!"
Fantastic tasting food but my two pieces of fish could be covered by a debit card. I thought if fish were that small you had to throw them back in the sea.
Far too small for a main. Fortunately the waitress paid attention to my plight and I had another serving. (Still not enough)
I do like tasty food yet I'd like to leave full but that night; a starter, two mains a desert, I really did think a trip to the Sea Breeze was imminent.

5  Thank RangpurRoger
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Visited Chester again for birthday just to come back here again. Service, ambience, food quality, taste and portions all great. Knowledgeable staff re wines. Will make the trip again. Visited The Suburbs across the road for a pre dinner drink.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Having read excellent reviews about Sticky Walnut I was looking forward to an enjoyable evening with my husband, celebrating our wedding anniversary. We weren't disappointed. The food was excellent (best crème brulee I've ever had) and the service was friendly and efficient. It's not cheap but definitely worth a visit for special occasions.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We went for our 3rd wedding anniversary after being told how good it was and we were not let down. I just fell in love the moment we walked in with the way the downstairs is set and being able to just see into the kitchen. Our waitress was just fantastic very attentive without being intrusive to our evening her name was Amy so if you get her you will be in for a lovely experience many thanks to her. So the food well what can I say other than I had the pigeon to start and it was just delicious with all the flavours working together. For my main I had the lamb and again it was delicious with all the flavours working perfectly. Dessert was crème brulee and again just a lovely finish to a fantastic evening. I highly recommend this restaurant but please leave me room to go again! Definitely worth going here for a special occasion.

1  Thank MrDunlop