“A real 'me to me' treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sticky Walnut

Sticky Walnut
Ranked #8 of 554 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newbury, United Kingdom
“A real 'me to me' treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have been going to the restaurant premises for the last 5 years. Formerly the pleasant Hoole Bistro, the Sticky Walnut has promoted the Charles Street location into the Premier League. Excellent food, attentive and knowledgeable service.

We took our son and his girlfriend there for a treat last night. A big success. We all chose from the imaginative range of starters and then all opted for the Chateaubriand as the centre piece of our meal. We all raved about the food and the cosy atmosphere. A big success.

A real treat! - but who was it really for? - My guilty secret.

• Visited February 2014

York, United Kingdom
“In reverence to the chef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

My work took me to Chester, a place I truly adore. Heard about this fab place from business colleagues and wow, they were not wrong. A restaurant that makes its own bread is a fabulous thing, really made from scratch and not just bought in and passed off as home made. This focaccia was the bees knees. Everything we tasted was divine, the tender beef, the arancini the gorgeous sweets and more. A fabulous atmosphere and so well done. A night to remember and the thoughtful staff looked after us brilliantly. What impressed was it's such a cosy place that delivers the best, we have done the very posh with no substance and this was a breath of fresh air. We'll done to all, possibly a carls berg moment, possibly the best we have ever had.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank perfectweekend_10
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Had lunch here last weekend. Lovely place, and really good food and service. The only downside was that there was only one vegetarian choice on the menu that day.

• Visited January 2014
Wirral, UK
“I just really like this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have been twice, and like the atmosphere, the food and the service. Average price I think, not overly expensive, but worth the visit because the food is really good. I've just been to the Fishpool Inn at Delamere which has just have over £1m spent on it and the atmosphere wasn't as good as the small and intimate Sticky Walnut!

Visited January 2014
north west
“Fantastic lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Cannot fault the food, beet, sticky walnut and ricotta stunning, great atmosphere and service, I would recommend to everyone, perhaps expensive, but perfect for Sunday lunch, I want to go again

• Visited January 2014