“A nice evening out”

Ranked #9 of 567 Restaurants in Chester
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

It was our second time in this restaurant which is located about 15 minutes on foot from the city centre in a Chester suburb. The staff was a bit lacklustre but the food made more than up for it. There is limited choice on the menu but what they produce is very good. The beaf was phantastic and worth every penny.

There are newer reviews for Sticky Walnut

Reviewed December 27, 2012

A great meal on Xmas Eve, with the family. Felt a bit rushed with dessert following fast after the main course - but otherwise excellent.
This is the sort of restaurant one can feel confident trying new dishes, and knowing that they will be of the highest quality. I'm a reluctant experimenter - last time I visited (Xmas Eve 2011) I tried Ox Cheek, this time beef shin - both were excellent.
All four of us really enjoyed the food and ambiance - helped along very nicely by reasonably priced wine.
Get there if you can.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

If your in Chester and looking for a meal you simply must try this place. Everything was perfect from the ambiance, the service and of course the food.... I cannot praise it highly enough

Reviewed December 23, 2012

You can tell that the owner of this place has a passion for food and excellent attention to detail.

We went for lunch on a Saturday and we will be going back next time we're near Chester.
To start we had the roasted beets and the liver pâté. Both excellent and served on a wooden slab.
For mains we the braised shin of beef which was amazing and the arincini blue cheese with poached pairs which was nice but I had massive food envy once I tried the tender beef!!

The two girls that served us were lovely and very warm.

Excellent value for money.

I recommend and in fact urge you to try this place.

1  Thank itsdanny21
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Food really a cut above the rest. Every course delicious. Friendly staff and atmosphere. I would love the chef / chefs to come and live with me!