“Good food, a bit tired and cramped inside”

Bella Italia Chester
Ranked #138 of 570 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Chester city centre, Bella Italia is a popular dining destination for those looking for well priced good quality Italian food. This well loved Chester restaurant is based in a pretty period building and offers a warm and inviting ambience. The menu ranges from authentic Italian pizzas to tasty pastas, meat and fish dishes. Indulge in a plate of mixed antipasto before diving into a bowl of chicken and spinach fusilli in a creamy gorgonzola sauce or a chargrilled salmon fillet served with green beans, roasted new potatoes and a tomato and red onion salsa. Ideal for friends, family and work colleagues, there really is something for everyone at Bella Italia Chester.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I visited with my wife and newly nine year old daughter, it was her choice on her birthday. The food was good, a good choice is available on the menu and the staff were very friendly. The surroundings however are all a bit tired and in need of a facelift, and there is not much room to move once you are in.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We were on a time limit for the Little Theatre & we were seated & received our food within 10minutes thanks to the pleasant helpful staff. Pizzas were really good

1  Thank 187069Janet
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We visited Bella Italia for the second time today. Have to say was very nice. We chose off the lunch time menu, which I must admit, wasn't given to us at first so ask for it. Some good offers on meals and kids meals. Had calzone with salad and a beer, very nice. Was very busy but staff managed to seat us. Would definitely go back.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

2nd visit to the chester branch and won't hesitate to go again.

Had the mini garlic bastioni to share and they were fantastic. The bread is freshly baked with a nice crunch but a soft center, the garlic and parsley bit is to die for.

For main was the diavola calzone which was amazing, The dough wasn't to heavy and well presented.
Had plenty of pepperoni in with a great taste, they did advise that its hot but if you like something a little spicy then this is for you.

Service was faultless, always someone close enough should you need anything but don't feel like your being hovered over.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I won a £50 voucher for Bella Italia and decided to use it for my husbands birthday. We went for lunch with our 2 year old granddaughter and my stepdaughter. We were lucky to get a table. It was very busy indeed. We were given an activity pack for our granddaughter including crayons, a cat mask (which she loved) and an activity book. The staff were very attentive and we were made to feel very welcome. Our granddaughter had the children's menu with carrot and cucumber sticks which were supposed to come with a tomato dip. The dip never arrived but the ham pizza came along very quickly. Our meals came along soon after. I chose the pasta with chicken dish. My husband had spaghetti carbonara. He said it was fantastic. My stepdaughter had chicken with veg and roast potatoes. The food was all lovely. The staff were great. Our only criticism was the state of the toilets. My stepdaughter said they were not too clean. All in all though a great meal especially was we had a two year old with us. We would definitely go back. The atmosphere was lively and all the staff friendly. It was a busy Saturday lunch time so the service was surprisingly quick.