“Lovely pancakes”

Hanky Panky Pancakes
Ranked #12 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hanky Panky Pancakes is a creperie with a British twist. We have a lovely range of local cheeses, ice creams, teas and beers to go with your pancake. Naughty but nice! *Please note on bank holidays we are open 10am-4pm*
“Lovely pancakes”
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

We visited based on the reviews here. The pancake choice was very good. The service was rather slow so make sure you have plenty of time when visiting. Unfortunately they ran out of vanilla and chocolate when we went at lunchtime. There were other choices available but surprised that these were not available.

Stephen F, Owner at Hanky Panky Pancakes, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review HP here on Tripadvisor. Our decision to cook pancakes fresh to order from our own pancake batter and not buy ready prepared mix or pre packaged pancakes certainly means a longer wait for customers. We are very sorry when results in customers having to wait but we are working hard to cut down the waiting times. With the exception of two Saturdays when we were totally overwhelmed we feel end result has justified the wait.

Our ice cream comes from Backford Belles just outside Chester, again we feel the quality of the ice cream is far better than we would get if we bought our ice cream from the cash and carry, this does however mean we can only provide what has been supplied. As we have become busier Backford Belles have very kindly tried to accommodate our increasing demand. We are very sorry not to have had the ice cream you requested but hope you enjoyed the alternatives.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Have been twice now to Hanky Panky Pancakes - on both occasions they have been superb. I had the Full Monty and it was delicious. Beautifully presented and quality ingredients. Yes, there was a wait, but we were kept fully informed and downed two milkshakes to keep us busy! It was a pleasure to see what I presume is a family business being run with absolute passion. well done to you all, Will definatley be back for MORE

• Visited August 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are pleased you have enjoyed your trips to HP, and look forward to seeing you again. We are very much a family business, most staff being family or friends of our two sons, and we are thoroughly enjoying ourselves (albeit it a steep learning curve). We did quite a bit of pancake research prior to starting HP, one of the things we didn't like were the places which just reheated bought in pancakes (quite a number did) This has meant a delay at busy periods, but we hope this is worthwhile once your pancake arrives :-)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

What a lovely new addition to Chester! Tucked away down Commonhall Street, this cafe is well worth a visit. The pancakes were absolutely delcious and there is an extensive range of fillings to suit all tastes. We thought that it was good value too and the loose leaf tea and good drinks selection was also a bonus. My apple filled pancake with honeycomb icecream was truly delicious as were my friends lemon meringue american pancakes. The lovely, hepful and very friendly staff made us feel very welcome. I will be visiting again soon!

• Visited August 2014
It was so lovely to read your very kind review, we really do enjoy our pancakes and it is great to hear appreciation such as yours. We are having great fun at Hanky Panky and feel that whilst the staff deserve praise so do the customers who are bringing it to life in a wonderful way. Thank you very much for taking the time to review HP, we look forward to your next visit.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent service and lovely food”
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

I took my 3 and 4 year old here for lunch after seeing all the recommendations on here. It was fabulous, the staff are so friendly and helpful and the food was delicious. We were seated near the open kitchen so the children were kept occupied by the pancakes being made. Our waitress told us about children's portions, which were just the right size. They have highchairs available and colouring for the little ones. The service was quick, which is just what you need with 2 children. I can highly recommend this place. The price was excellent and the choice was really good, with the waitress offering to mix and match fillings if I wanted. Thank you for an enjoyable lunch.

Stephen F, Owner at Hanky Panky Pancakes, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review, it is really appreciated. We do often get a small crowd of younger customers at the counter keeping an eye on the chefs, we do welcome advice from spectators but try to discourage heckling. The HP you describe is just what we were hoping to achieve, thank you. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Marburg, Germany
“Fabulous breakfast!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Arrived from. Germany to visit my friends. Kath decided to take me to Hanky Panky for breakfast. It is a really lovely place, makes you want to stay and have a leisurely breakfast which we did. I couldn't decide between the triple pancakes with blueberries and Greek joghurt or the triple pancakes with Greek joghurt, banana and honey, what a dilemma ! So Kath and I ordered one of each and shared. Absolutely delicious. I still can't decide which was my favorite so I can totally recommend doing what Kath and I did as that way you don't have to choose and you get the best of both worlds. I so want to recommend this lovely little eatery. The atmosphere, the friendly team working there but most of all the quality of the food, no ready made pancake mix here, all fresh ingredients, fresh fruit and made when you order and just simply yummy. Will be going back for sure and have recommended it to all my friends. Perfect place for kids too, they will love it. !!! Thank you Hanky Panky a wonderful breakfast - Susi Osborne

• Visited August 2014
You are very welcome. We are very pleased you enjoyed your breakfasts, these are proving very popular. Mixing, matching and sharing do seem to be becoming quite a trend at HP. Hope to see you again on your next trip to Chester.