“Practically perfect pancakes! ”

Hanky Panky Pancakes
Ranked #11 of 558 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hanky Panky Pancakes is a creperie with a British twist. We have a lovely range of local cheeses, ice creams, teas and beers to go with your pancake. Naughty but nice! *Please note on bank holidays we are open 10am-4pm*
Chester, United Kingdom
“Practically perfect pancakes! ”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

All my work friends have been raving about how lovely this place is and I finally got round to visiting with a friend myself. I think the location is brilliant as it gives the place a 'hideaway treat' feel. Walking in, staff were very welcoming and attentive and we were greeted with smiles from everyone. We were seated immediately which was very nice, despite the busyness of the restaurant. The waitress was bubbly and enthusiastic and had a good knowledge of the menu which was especially helpful what with this being our first visit. We each had the rocky road stack which was absolutely delicious. Tasty, fresh pancakes made by people with a clear passion for cooking. The only criticism I have is that I wish all the tasty combinations were available as stacks. Other than that, I can't fault the place. It was clean and charming and I will be telling everyone about it! Cannot wait to come back, thank you all for a wonderful experience :)

1 Thank _evedavies4
Stephen F, Owner at Hanky Panky Pancakes, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We think we are in a good spot too, but it really helps having people spread the word so others can find us. We are very lucky to have such wonderful staff and we are pleased so many people are enjoying their efforts and enthusiasm. We maybe should have pointed out that our menu serves as a guide, if we have the ingredients and toppings we are very happy for customers to tweak and invent to their hearts content. We look forward to your next visit and are excited to hearing your pancake plan :-)

Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing pancakes Amazing service”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The staff are really kind and friendly and they are also very helpful, I went there with a friend after viewing their facebook page and I was not disappointed, in short they have perfected the pancake and they have perfected good service.

• Visited August 2014
Thank you very much for visiting HP and putting a review here on trip advisor. We are really pleased you enjoyed your pancakes and look forward to your next visit.
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Pancake perfection”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Came here with my partner and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. Pancakes were brilliant. My partner literally scraped his plate clean! And mine may I add. The thing that topped it all was the service...polite staff, we felt very comfortable here. And are already making plans with friends to return!

Stephen F, Owner at Hanky Panky Pancakes, responded to this review, August 10, 2014
We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit. Happy to hear your partner was able to assist you with your pancake. The atmosphere is also due in no small part to our lovely customers who are making HP a wonderful place to work. Thank you for your review.
CHESHIRE
“Do not mess if you visit Chester”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We visited Chester recently and as per Tripadvisor listings we visited Hanky Panky Pancakes. It was worth the customers vote and I am joining them. The restaurant is in quiet side road. The Staff are exemplary, welcoming and very helpful. For the pancakes, you have to try them for yourself. I will revisit the restaurant when I am back in Chester. Again I congratulate the staff for their friendly reception.

• Visited August 2014
Stephen F, Owner at Hanky Panky Pancakes, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Thank you very much for your lovely comments. We are very lucky to have some fantastic staff who are working very hard and continuing to smile through quite a steep learning curve. Commonhall Street is quiet so all the help to let everyone know about HP is much appreciated. Look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
“Best pancakes ever!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Chester for a couple of nights for a break and had to try this place. Didn't disappoint, best pancakes and combos ever! Nice service and love the fact it's not like anything else we've been too! Superb!

Thank you very much for your review. We think we have thought of some interesting combos on our pancake toppings, but nowhere near as inventive as some of our lovely customers, who really are getting creative :-) Pleased to hear you enjoyed HP and hope you had a lovely time here in Chester.