“Do not mess if you visit Chester”

Hanky Panky Pancakes
Ranked #11 of 567 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hanky Panky Pancakes is a creperie with a British twist. We have a lovely range of local cheeses, ice creams, teas and beers to go with your pancake. Naughty but nice! *Please note on bank holidays we are open 10am-4pm*
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We visited Chester recently and as per Tripadvisor listings we visited Hanky Panky Pancakes. It was worth the customers vote and I am joining them. The restaurant is in quiet side road. The Staff are exemplary, welcoming and very helpful. For the pancakes, you have to try them for yourself. I will revisit the restaurant when I am back in Chester. Again I congratulate the staff for their friendly reception.

Stephen F, Owner at Hanky Panky Pancakes, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Thank you very much for your lovely comments. We are very lucky to have some fantastic staff who are working very hard and continuing to smile through quite a steep learning curve. Commonhall Street is quiet so all the help to let everyone know about HP is much appreciated. Look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

There are newer reviews for Hanky Panky Pancakes

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Chester for a couple of nights for a break and had to try this place. Didn't disappoint, best pancakes and combos ever! Nice service and love the fact it's not like anything else we've been too! Superb!

Thank you very much for your review. We think we have thought of some interesting combos on our pancake toppings, but nowhere near as inventive as some of our lovely customers, who really are getting creative :-) Pleased to hear you enjoyed HP and hope you had a lovely time here in Chester.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Been with my husband today and we were surprised by such a good customer service and great taste pancakes with coffee! Definitely coming back again.

We are very happy you enjoyed your pancakes and coffee and look forward to your next visit. Thank you so much for leaving a review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We had our anniversary breakfast here yesterday and it got the day off to a delicious start. I had the blueberry compote stack of pancakes and my husband had the bacon and maple syrup version. These came with tea or coffee of your choice, so good value too. Both were very moreish indeed. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu, the decor was brilliant and the atmosphere was most welcoming. If I lived near this place I would be the size of a house. It is my ambition to work my way through every pancake on the menu, plus the specials!
A brilliant find - I hope it survives in this rather hidden away street.

Stephen F, Owner at Hanky Panky Pancakes, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

A belated happy anniversary to you both, we hope you had a wonderful day. We are very pleased you enjoyed your breakfasts, these are proving very popular. Looking forward to your next visit and helping you work your way through the menu in anyway we can.

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

It's great when you find a place that is a bit different from the norm and on top of that, they do things well.

That's what I found with this place. I had a salted caramel short stack of American pancakes and a coffee. Both were great.

1  Thank Mbusiness2012

We are really pleased you found us, and happy to hear you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.