“Highly Recommended”

Ranked #22 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Northampton
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

I stayed at the Cheltenham Lodge for 6 months and found it extremely comfortable, friendly and homely. Before choosing the Cheltenham Lodge I tried several hotels but after finding the Cheltenham Lodge I stayed. They made me feel so welcome and I would certainly return there if my work takes me to Chester again. A very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bewdley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2010

Travelled to Chester for a family wedding with twin teenage daughters and 6 year old son. Girls room and family room more than adequate. Useful facilities: en-suite, tv/dvd, coffee making. Fresh clean towels. Owner even lent the children dvds to watch. Breakfast was marvellous. Will stay here again and would recommend that you do too.

Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Teacher051
herefordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2010

The staff were friendly and welcoming.
The room was comfortable and well appointed in a tsyle fitting with the house.
The hotel was within easy walking distance of the station and city.
Although we didn't use the bus service the buses ran every 8 minutes mon to sat and evry thirty minutes on sunday
There are local shops nearby and banks with ATM if needed.
There is plenty to do and see in Chester.
We used it for a base to travel into Liverpool the trains are frequent and reasonable
The room we stayed in was on a busy road, with traffic noise, but we weren't disturbed by this.
There is a restaurant across the road.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
derbys
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

A great familey run Guest House, My partner and Myself enjoyed it very much, clean and tidy, Peaceful, and homely,
Thanks Peter & Sally

Sheffield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights during a lovely weekend in Chester. I booked this B&B after looking at the reviews on here and was not disappointed! The location is excellent – just a 15 minutes walk into the city centre. The room was just what we wanted – decent size with all the usual mod cons including TV (with freeview), hairdryer, and tea/coffee making facilities. It was all cosy and warm too! Breakfast was fantastic – a choice of a full English, croissants and/or cereal and toast; definitely set us up for the day! The staff couldn’t have been friendlier. There was also free parking. The only down side was that as each time you entered the building, there was a strong smell of smoke which personally wasn’t pleasant. (However, I imagine this is from days past when smoking was more prevalent and ‘allowed’ as I didn’t detect anyone smoking during our stay and doubt this would be ‘allowed’ anymore (??). Anyway, this is a VERY minor detail and didn’t impact on our stay at all). Overall this is a great value B&B and highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
cheltlodge, owner at Cheltenham Lodge, responded to this review, December 16, 2009
Thank you for your pleasant review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and where happy with the service you received.

Can I apologies for the smell of smoke when you entered the premises. The only reason I can think that this could of happened, as we have always operated strict no smoking policy, is either one of our or neighbouring clients had been smoking outside the front door prior to your arrival, leaving a lingering smell of smoke to enter our premises.

Once again please accept our apologises and be re-assured that we shall be looking into a way that this cannot and will not happen again.

May I take this opportunity in wishing you and your partner a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cheltenham Lodge and Chester in the near future and hope that this will not deter you from returning.

David
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

What can I say? I've stayed in a fair few b&b's in Chester, but the Cheltenham lodge is superior to them all. Recommended!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Cheshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2009

Quick walk into town, very handy
Restaurants/shops nearby