“A gem of a find”

Ranked #22 of 79 Chester B&B and Inns
Nottingham
“A gem of a find”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

After being let down by a certain booking agency I found this b&B on the internet. (They dont use booking agents!). What a lovely find. Lovely room, clean and spacious. Even an iron in the wardrobe. Breakfast was great, lots of choice. Owners David and Anne very friendly. I was staying on my own in Chester and I felt very happy here! Only problem when I decided to book the following night they were already full! I will definately book here in future when I am studying in Chester.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
cheltlodge, Owner at Cheltenham Lodge, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind review and for pointing out that we don’t use booking agents, If you wish to book or check availability with the Cheltenham Lodge in the future, for a more personal service please call us directly by telephone or see bedandbreakfastinchester of which we have our own online booking service which you can book with confidence with our PCI compliant Hotel online Booking service. PCI compliant offers you a safe & secure passage when entering your card details to secure your online booking with the Cheltenham Lodge Bed & breakfast in Chester. Also any special offers are automatically be deducted when press book now.
May I also take this opportunity to wish you a very happy New Year.
Kind regards David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Very comfortable bedding so had a great night's sleep. Missing some finishing touches but all in all it's nice. Check-in was a bit dysfunctional, however, with me being turned away and told there wasn't a room and then called back 15 minutes later... it sounded like I wasn't the only one this had happened to that day either, so call ahead in advance to make sure your room is confirmed if you want to avoid a panic.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed 3 nights. Room comfortable and clean and Ann & David great hosts. Breakfast was excellent and sets you up for the day. Would defiantly recommend and would stay again. Overall good value for money.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My family and I have spent 5 days here and will definately be coming back next year.

Great location, good size rooms, superb breakfast and great hospitality by both David and Anne. David did make our stay that extra bit better with his charm and friendliness.

• Stayed July 2013
Turin, Italy
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We was in it on 5 july 2013.
It is a wonderful house, and rooms was really clean.
Parking is free.
Chester centre is at 20 minutes walk.
Breakfast was really good, too.
I strongly suggest it for families, since also the price is good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I had 3 nights at Cheltenham Lodge last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our rooms were spotless, quiet and very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and very well presented. David made us feel very welcome, was always available and gave us very good advice on tourist options, travel for getting round the city and restaurant choices. A very handy location, 8 mins walk from the Train Station and 15 mins walk to the city or a bus service to the city 2 minutes away at regular intervals. Customer service from both David and Anne was second to none and nothing was a bother at all. We would definitely stay again and strongly recommend to anyone to stay at the Cheltenham Lodge. You will not be disappointed. Thank you David, you made our stay in Chester all we wanted it to be and more.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms on back side of the house and views over garden area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've stayed twice now, first time in Room 4 and second time in Room 5. My only disappointment with Cheltenham Lodge is that they're fully booked for my next stay in September.....How rude! Only kidding, David is very helpful and friendly and Anne is welcoming and warm. I completely agree about the breakfasts...! They take time and pride in what they present to you.

I didn't realise that Room 5 was their premier room so I feel a bit honoured they put me in there! It is huge for just one guy and his suitcase - you do get value for your money for sure! I have actually recommended this B&B to others who come to Chester and am happy to write a review for them....

Room Tip: Rooms 4 and 5 are both nice. Room 5 is right on a busy road, but the nicer room in terms of set-up/f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo