Laburnum House
$90
$95
$92
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 3, 2012

just spent three nights in chester at laburnum house. lovely people and great breakfast. Russell was so helpful and nothing was too much trouble for him or his wife Anne. the b & b is just round the corner from all the main attractions and there is some lovely eating places within five minutes walk

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sandra c
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Just back from a 3 day stay at the Laburnum, the visit was very satisfactory. Friendly ,helpful owners Russell & Anne. Clean ,comfortable room, very good breakfast.
I could not fault this guest house at all. I heartily recommend it
Position is excellent too, Within 5mins of Chester's high streets

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank morty237
Reviewed August 8, 2012

me and my wife have just arrived home from a short trip to chester staying at the laburum house hotel,after arriving in chester we couldnt find our way to the hotel so we was running late to check in,we then recieved a phone call from the landlord russell on telling him we were lost he told us to stay where we are he would come and meet us,in all the years ive been travelling the landlord has never came out of his/her way to meet me,the hotel itself is in a great location for the town and the city walls and does a great breakfast russell couln't do anymore for u if he tried,thanx russell for making our stay very comfortable

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wooders25
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I chose this guest house because of its location, within a mile of the racecourse.
The owner phoned a week before we were due to arrive, to check everything was ok. I told him that one of our party couldn't come and he offered to change the sleeping arrangements from 3 rooms to 2 and refund the cost, which was great.
We arrived early and were warmly greeted by our hosts and offered a parking spot in the rear yard.
We were given extra keys as the hosts do not live on the premises. This was a godsend as my son decided he would stay out until 5am but also because of the freedom to come and go.
The rooms were adequate, had freeview tv a decent bathroom. The decor could do with touching up here and there but it was clean and tidy. We were hardly in the rooms anyhow, as we went to the races immediately and only returned for a change of clothes before enjoying the nightlife.
Breakfast was served next morning (my obviously never made it) and was excellent with choices of cereals, as much tea, coffee or fresh orange juice and a great full English breakfast.
I would definitely recommend for a weekend or short stay, its right near the heart of the city and easy to access.

Room Tip: contact the owners prior
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tony H
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I stayed here with my daughter who agreed it was the best value and excellent location. Our hosts Russell and Anne provide a welcoming atmosphere, excellent breakfast - the eggs are from their own chickens, goose egg was a new experience for me. The room was clean and comfortable, good hot shower in newly refurbished en suite. We walked the walls, shopped the shops and had dinner at the Pied Bull pub, which is a micro brewery too, a good choice for lovers of real ales.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family