“Magnifique!”

La P'tite France
Ranked #6 of 573 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: French Café-Bistro in the heart of Chester. Open for lunch, afternoon, Thursday, Friday and Saturday night
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Food was excellent, fresh, flavoursome. Menu was small (but that's what I prefer). Atmosphere was perfect, busy for a Tuesday so glad we booked! Very reasonably priced! Lovely staff and advised us the best place to go for a drink afterwards. All round brill restaurant.

1  Thank jbaldwin3

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I booked two days in advance and managed to get in for an early table. The restaurant is simply decorated with a lovely atmosphere. The Menu is simple and very French. My moules were delicious and the salmon special was excellently cooked. I had their pudding also because I was so tempted by seeing someone else's. It was a little selection of mini deserts with an expresso coffee. Just perfect! My husband,s Birthday treat was escargots, followed by duck and creme brûlée. All beautifully cooked. My teenage sons were also not disappointed.
We look forward to going back!

2  Thank Schnoops
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Ate here on a Friday evening (had booked in advance) while on a weekend break to Chester. Atmosphere, food, service just excellent. The best 'French' meal we have eaten outside of France. The owner told us he had been open just a few months - and it is clearly a well deserved success. If you are visiting Chester and like informal brasserie style French dining then this little gem is a must but suggest you book as the word is clearly getting around!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Having seen the reviews we decided to try La P'tite France whilst on a short break to Chester. Fortunately we decided to book as, despite being a Tuesday night it was very busy and as fast as tables were vacated there were customers waiting to take over the empty seats. The restaurant is quite small but full of atmosphere with cheerful french waiting staff. The menu was interesting with a mix of fish and meat dishes. I tried the mussels for starters which were delicious and my husband had Rillettes of fish which he said was excellent; we both had Magret de Canard as a main, we asked for it to be cooked pink and it was served, cooked to perfection. Sadly we could not manage a dessert but they looked delicious on the other tables! We shared a carafe of house wine with our meal, this too was very good. Merci toute la monde a La P'tite France!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I dined at this very pleasant family-run bistro last week. It had charm and character. My friend was very enthusiastic about his dinner of escargots, mussels and sorbet. My own meal was a little more uneven. I found the soup somewhat insipid, though the main course of duck was good. The dessert of crepes au citron was superb. Overall, very good though expensive at 72 pounds.

1  Thank Stephen C