Crowne Plaza Chester
$90
$89
$87
1,846 results
All reviewsthe club loungecar parkexecutive roomcity centrewelsh hillsexcellent locationreception stafflovely hotelthird floorbar areahotel restaurantleisure facilitiesbars and restaurantsrace courselittle touchessaturday nightchecking out
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Just another hotel which was poor by comparison to its namesake in Melbourne.
Whilst it provided a decent bed it was a little disappointing for the price paid.I'm not sure of the hotel options in Chester maybe The Travelodge might have been a better option,i know it was a heck of a lot cheaper.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am disappointed to read that your stay with us was not what you expected and I am sorry that you did not enjoy yourself.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Can only recommend this hotel. Location is ideal if you're staying in Chester. I would advise booking in advance as we couldn't get in here on Saturday night. We booked elsewhere outside Chester for the Saturday night and booked this for the Sunday night. My only gripe is that the bar staff weren't as quick as they should have been. Everything else was really good. Room was a decent size and the bed was really comfortable. Bathroom was okay too. Breakfast had a great choice and only the really fussy might be disappointed. All the staff were polite and very helpful. We did look at some other hotels while we were here and I'm sure we picked one of the best. It's not the cheapest but we did get a good deal.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of your time with us.

I am very pleased to read your stay with us was fantastic and you found it excellent. I have taken notes concerning your thoughts on our bar service and will be sure to see if there is anything we can do to speed it up next time. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I had booked this hotel some months ago for a break as our son was away with school. We upgraded to a spa break for an extra £25, so in total for 2 nights b&b inc 2 x 1 hr treatments was £365 for a Thurs and Friday night. A lot of money BUT was a quality hotel. Firstly check in was fine, car park is VERY small for size of hotel and is chargeable so as a result we didn't move the car in case we lost our space. Our room wasn't ready but we had booked in the spa at 1.00pm so we went to Silks restaurant for lunch. It took 30 mins to get a chicken salad and a sandwich and we were the only people in the restaurant, it looked like a conference was on and we felt that we were perhaps 2nd best! The food was OK but pricey £13-00 for a salad. The spa was good and we both enjoyed our massages, facials etc but it was being repainted and there was nobody on reception.

We then went to go to our room - 246 - on 2nd floor view was over the main road but that didn't bother us. Room was ok but cold, the radiator didn't work nor the towel rail and I even noticed that the hair dryer had been PAT tested in AUG 2011 and not since!. We put the room card in the heating slot and adjusted the room temperature but it didn't seem to help. The bed was comfy and sheets clean however we did feel that a Premier Lodge would have been just as good. There was tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary biscuits, choc, water and toiletries. There was also a mini bar with nothing in it apart from 2 bottles of water.

We did put £50 on our room for the bar etc so we would pay any difference on our departure and this worked well.

First night was great had a lovely meal at 'Upstairs at the grill'. You must go there its fantastic. Second night - Friday - was unfortunately Liverpool One Ladies Day at the races and we didn't know this when booking. No exaggeration when I tell you the while town centre was blocked off and thousands of drunk men and women were going through the town from 9.30pm onwards, there were people fighting outside the hotel and we even saw one 'woman' squat down for a wee outside the hotel. My husband had just had an unplanned heart operation and needed peace really so we quickly headed back to the hotel bar as we felt unsafe in the town. It was a shame really but I suppose that's why the hotel was expensive and the reception did tell us that when we checked out. Chester is a lovely town steeped in history and some quirky shops. I think I would go back if the races weren't on and I would also check other hotels as I think this is too expensive.

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review.

Firstly, I’m very pleased you enjoyed your time within the hotel and found your spa treatments relaxing and your room comfortable. Secondly, I am very sorry to read that there was a disturbance outside when you both just wanted rest and relaxation. If there is ever a problem such as this I endeavour our guests to mention it to a team member so we can arrange for a room further away from any noise. I hope you choose to return to Crowne Plaza Chester when you next want to explore our gorgeous city.

Kind regards and best wishes to your husband,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Booked here for a trip to Chester races and thought the value for money wasn't there as it seemed overpriced for what it was, there were good and bad points as follows:

Good Points:
Location, View from window, Breakfast, All Staff, Public areas.

Bad Points:
Value for money, Very hard bed, Paper thin walls (yes we had to endure our neighbours copulating at 5:30am)
If you are attending the races or visiting the City it is ideally located but personally I would stay further away and get more bang for my buck as it's nothing special.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the hills/racecourse
1  Thank ExcaliberMidlands

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your experience with us.

I’m pleased to read you enjoyed the service from our team members and the breakfast you had with us. I am sorry to hear that you found the walls thin, and I hope that you realise this is not a complaint we often hear. I hope it was a one-time issue and you will return to us in the future.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

A one night stay at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Chester in one of the executive rooms was top quality from the moment we arrived at reception. From checking in, where the receptionist was most apologetic for having kept us waiting (it was no more than five minutes), to checking out, it was nothing but extremely polite, friendly and happy staff. The facilities were everything you would want or expect, including free drinks and canapés in the club lounge between 17:00 and 20:00, a more than adequate breakfast buffet, quiet and comfortable bedroom with complementary mineral waters and tea making facilities. Unlike many other hotel chains, there was nothing we had to pay extra for. Great hotel and we will definitely be staying again.

Room Tip: for the little extra involved, get one of the executive rooms on the top floor, although we are sure all rooms are of an equal high standard. Arrive early and there is ample car parking space.

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am very pleased to read that you stay was so enjoyable and you found everything to your liking from our leisure facilities to the service you received in our Club Rooms. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon for another great stay.