“High standards maintained”

Crowne Plaza Chester
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel was ideally situated, being a mere minute or two amble from the main streets of Chester. Staff were friendly and welcoming, particularly the barman. I always enjoy staying in Crowne Plaza hotels as you get good value for money - the beds comfy, the bathroom well equipped, the thoughtful touches like the toiletries, biscuits and guides to the area. If we're back in Chester again will be sure to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am very pleased to read that your stay was comfortable and you found our team members to be friendly and welcoming and your room comfortable. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Mark Thacker

Write a ReviewReviews (1,795)

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed for 1 night following a work meeting nearby. I found the hotel easily located off the main city ring road, and it is ideally located for those wishing to explore the city.

Was warmly greeted upon arrival, with the usual explanations regarding the facilities of the hotel, and breakfast/check-out times etc, The receptionist also enquired if i'd like any further details about the locality and provided maps etc, and directions to the closely located High Street (containing all the usual chains and some lovely little shops too)

The room was very comfortable and clean with comfy bed, the usual complimentary toiletries etc. The only criticism, as with many hotel rooms was the lack of an electrical socket near the bed, which is handy to charge your mobile up overnight. The view from my room was also outstanding - overlooking the racecourse and distant Welsh countryside

Check-out was very efficient thanks to "Debbie" who was a delight to deal with, engaging in friendly banter and wishing a pleasant day.

Would definitely return to this hotel again if in the local area.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking St Martin's Way offer great views
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for one night to celebrate his 21st. Checking in was a brilliant experience, the staff are so friendly! We hadn't been to Chester before so the gentleman serving us kindly gave us a map and explained where different places were, turns out the hotel is literally a 2 min walk for the town centre it was fab! The rooms were AMAZING, I booked a standard double room and when we walked into the room I thought there'd been a mistake and maybe I'd booked an executive room by mistake because it was SO so nice. Also, I mentioned when booking that it was my boyfriends 21st and there was a bottle of wine sent up to the room free of charge which we thought was a lovely touch. Silks bar is also very nice, we went there for a drink before our meal at Piccolino's which by the way is fantastic. Overall, we had a lovely stay here and we were treated like royalty. We may even return for our anniversary!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was only here for one night as I was in the North East for work. I enjoyed the stay. The room was comfortable and, most importantly, clean.

I wasn't able to take advantage of the wifi as it wouldn't let me pay for it. I tried to call reception but neither of the phones in the room worked. I didn't mention this although I'm sure they would have fixed it if I had.

The location is amazinf beinbg right in the centre of Chester and there were numerous places to eat on the doorstep.

The receptionsists were excellent. They made me feel welcome and cared for. I only caught one of their names as the girl who checked me in only had "Trainee" on her badge. However, the girl who checked me out was fantastic too (Debbie).

I have to confess that I checked her out too.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our reception staff. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

we stayed at hotel for 1 night, BB. The hotel is in an ideal location for walking into Chester. We booked a kingsize room, which was massive. Room was very clean and spacious with hairdryer, trouser press, 2xRobes, tea/coffee making facilites and a tv. Room service was excellent. Hotel in general was very good and we would stay here again. Breakfast was very good offering fruit, cereal, toast, pastries, egg, sausages, bacon etc. Service was very friendly. All staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lorraine g

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to highlight why you enjoyed your time with us. I am very pleased to see that our location was particularly helpful for you and you enjoyed everything you experienced in our hotel and found everything to be of a high quality including service and meals. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We booked the hotel for 1 night for a girls weekend, the hotel room was clean & large with 2 girls sharing each room. We were also all booked in for a Spa treatment within the hotel, these ranged from manicures to massages = all of us were thrilled with the treatments we had, the treatments rooms were clean & relaxing and the staff were lovely. The location of the hotel is great just a short walk onto the main cobbled street. We ate out at a restuarant in the evening & returned to the hotel for a night cap, this was the only downer of the stay, the young guys behind the bar were rude, arrogant & were unwilling to make some of our group coffee/hot choclate citing the reason that it would take 45 mins for the machine to get going (in reality they couldn't be bothered to clean it all again) anyway after much pestering 10 minutes later voila! drinks were served and the miserable guys were left to clean the machine (again!) drinks in the bar were pricey as you would expect but also of poor quality (suspect watered down) the Baileys that some of us had was not the usual creamy spirit). Fortunately we did the majority of our eating & drinking away from the hotel. Would I stay again? Yes - for the lovely rooms, & location of the hotel, but I wouldn't want to be eating/drinking here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your weekend break with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I am sorry to read that you didn’t experience the highest quality service from some of our team members – I have taken your comments into consideration and I will be sure to investigate this further. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My boyfriend paid for us to have a night away in the Crowne Plaza for my Christmas present. I must say, it was one of the best presents I have ever had! The hotel is immaculate, every surface shines. The room was spacious and very modern. The bar was fab (free peanuts were a plus, but the prices were a bit steep) and the location (in terms of proximity to the centre of Chester) was ideal. I would return again and again if I had the opportunity.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send feedback on your recent stay.

I am very pleased to read that not only was everything to your liking, but you would happily return again and again. I hope to see you soon.