“A grand weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“A grand weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

After a hectic week working all over Europe our Chester weekend was eagerly awaited. First visit to this hotel and initially the unusual set up with a combined multi story car park was a little unexpected. But from the checking in to check out the stay was excellent. The staff here are the most cheerful and most polite, friendly I have come across. Well done to all of you. We took a club room and it was very clean, large enough and very relaxing. We did not have a view but this was about retail therapy and chilling. The restaurant food was good, tasty and with a rose Pinot at 20 Gpb a very good price for a hotel of this class. Bar and restaurant have good views and service excellent. The club lounge is on the small size but I was not here for that. You walk out the door turn right left and you are in the main pedestrian shopping area. So super location. Spent far to much in the lovely shops and had relaxing time in the hotel. Had a room in a quiet zone on the 4th floor and sleep was super. My test for a hotel is would I go back again , and I can say absolutely yes. Good job !!

Room Tip: We were in the quiet zone on the 4th floor, was great sleep. No noise ! No night clubs no shouting n...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found our team members to be the most cheerful you have come across as well as having a wonderful night’s sleep. I’m extremely happy to read that your stay was so good and I will share it with our team members so they know how good a job they’re doing.

I hope to welcome you back soon,

Mark Thacker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Twyford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Excellent location in the charming city of Chester. Helpful staff, parking available on site, good selection available at breakfast.
If you enjoy a decent pint, you will have to seek out one of the many excellent local pubs. The hotel bar had numerous lagers available, but no real ales. I understand that hotel bars may not sell sufficient volume to warrant ale on tap, but surely it is possible to offer a selection of bottled ales. We do not all drink lager !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I have taken your comments on board concerning the ales and I will discuss them with our teams. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just had a 3 night break here and found it very relaxing. My husband has some mobility problems after breaking a leg but the hotel staff helpfully gave us a first floor room close to the lifts. The hotel entrance is in an underpass, leading to the car park, which seems rather bleak but once inside it was spotless in the elegant public areas as well as the bedrooms, which had all you could need for a good weekend. Everyone was very friendly. The town centre is close so it is easy to find from the hotel. I took advantage of the pool and spa; had a massage with shells which was very relaxing. I had the best few nights sleep I've had in ages - partly due to the quiet atmosphere and partly to the very comfortable firm bed. We booked room only as we went to Chester to meet up with friends living nearby, but we would certainly return to the hotel again and try their food as the menu looked very tasty.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and had a wonderful couple of nights sleep with us. I’m very happy to read that everything you encountered during your stay was perfect and you would happily return in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back when you’re next in Chester.

Wirral
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just got back from an overnight stay here.
on arrival,Rebbeka at reception was cheerful,polite and very helpfull-she is an asset to this hotel-I do hope management appreciate such a good advert for the place!!!
Had an executive room,on the 3rd floor-very good room,with wonderful views to the Welsh hills.
The club lounge,with canapes from 5-8pm,hot and cold drinks-beer,wine,etc,was a nice place to sit,chat and have a drink before dinner-free internet,tv etc.
Both dinner and breakfast,was included in the deal,and we enjoyed both meals-dinner was greay-and the buffet breakfast was wonderful.
Every member of staff was happy and cheerful.
Thank you Chester,we has a wonderful visit!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sure to share your review with the team members in question and I’m very happy to read that everything was to your liking during your stay. I hope to welcome you back to the hotelsoon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I am here on business and really appreciated the efficient friendly staff. The hotel is exactly what you would expect from Crowne Plaza, good rooms, clean and nice food but its staff make difference. The hotel is also ideally located in the centre of Chester.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything (particularly our team members) to be perfect. I will be sure to pass your kind words onto our team members. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Centrally located - few minutes walk to main shops
Comfortable and clean bedroom - albeit decor was a bit dated. I was on L1 and heard no noise.
Full buffet breakfast was terrific. Didn't have opportunity to eat in hotel in evening as we chose to venture out but have no problems about going back here.
Didn't try the wifi - like most hotels it's expensive - and not needed when you have 3G signal.

Room Tip: Not sure if this is same in every room - but room had a traditional home style water radiator that g...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your time with us.

I am very pleased to read that your stay was comfortable and you found us to be quiet with a terrific breakfast. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed here 4 nights in April. This is a city centre hotel and I found it very pleasant. The staff were very helpful. Breakfast is good and so are the staff here. There is a reasonably priced bar meal menu as well as a restaurant. I found the access to Wi-Fi a little confusing - I was not sure if it was available or not - and at what cost - if any. Apart from that - a good stay. Car parking available at a daily rate of about £7.50 which is a bit steep.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I hope to welcome you back soon.