“Great first stay - immaculate”

Crowne Plaza Chester
Ranked #10 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Great first stay - immaculate”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for Valentines weekend - overall very good

The hotel was immaculate and well appointed

As part of the room deal we have access to the executive lounge which added a little extra to the trip and we used before we went out into Chester for the evening, breakfast was also included very tasty but a bit cold - lots of choice

Parking at the hotel was a bonus and reasonably priced

The room itself was lovely and the bed very comfy - which makes a change, bathroom very nice also - room a little expensive but due to season I think

Staff helpful and friendly

All in all 8/10 and would definately go back/recommend to others as is few minutes walk into Chester centre

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found everything to your liking. I’m especially happy that you found your bed to be very comfortable; I hope it helped you get a great night’s sleep. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Mark Thacker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Turkish first
Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Usual standard that you would expect from Crowne Plaza, reception team very pleasant and attentive to any of your needs. Rooms nice although a bit stuffy at times. Leisure facilities on site available. Did not eat in the hotel but menu looked nice and a good choice. Great location 2 mins stroll to the centre shopping etc.

Only negative I must say is given what we paid for our room rate for 2 nights stay at the hotel over £250 for room only, I was somewhat surprised for guests to be charged £7.50 per day for parking so an additional £15.00 onto my stay left a slight sour tast in ones mouth.

All in all, first visit to Chester, lovely place and will be back, but for what I paid I might try one of the other 4 star hotels next time :-(

1 Thank Shazza2308
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay.

I’m pleased to read that you enjoyed everything you experienced while with us and found our team members to be friendly and attentive as well as providing high quality leisure facilities. Our car parking charges are competitive with the rest of Chester – I hope to welcome you back to the hotel if you decide to visit Chester again.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Very easy to find, by car (although the car park could be more obvious) this hotel takes you right to the middle of the historic walled city. We stayed for three nights in a well fitted large room and used the gym, pool, bar and restaurant every day.

The facilities were excellent, food first class and service second to none. If visiting Chester this is a great location and good way to make the most of your stay.

Room Tip: we were on the third floor and although the front of the hotel is on a busy road we had no noise fro...
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to be exceptional throughout your time with us. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Merseyside
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My Wife and I booked a weekend break here planning to combine a weekend break with a reunion with old friends.From the moment we arrived we were made to feel welcome by the very polite and helpfull receptionist. Our room was comfortable and spotlessly clean and ,after going out for a short walk,we went into the club lounge for canapes and drinks. The lounge was cosy with a good atmosphere and a good selection of drinks and nibbles which were frequently replenished.That night we ate in the hotel restaurant (Silks)and were impressed by the choice on the menu and by the food and service itself.we were also impressed by the hotel`s late weekend breakfast- served till 11.30 Sat+Sun. My Wife had used the pool.sauna etc and had commented on how clean both the pool and changing room areas were. Then Sat evening was when our weekend took a turn for the worse and the hotel staff came into their own.On our way out my Wife fell breaking and dislocating her elbow.After spending many hours with her at the Countess of Chester hospital I returned to the hotel tired and upset by myself at approx 1.30 am.The night receptionist was most helpful,arranging for the sandwiches I had ordered to be waiting for me in the bar while I took my Wifes things back to our room.The barman himself was a great help offering sympathy and support.The same thing can be said about the staff at breakfast-very helpful.We had already been given a complimentary late checkout at 2pm but the receptionist,who was already aware that my wife had undergone surgery and was still in hospital, kindly offered to let me keep thed room and car parking space until 6 pm if it would help. I had already packed the car up and had arranged to visit friends while waiting to hear if my wife could come home, but her offer was very much appreciated. I would like to pass on my thanks to all the staff at the Crowne Plaza, Chester for their help and support during this time. We will definitely return when my wife`s arm has healed. Thanks again.

3 Thank JourneymanMerseyside
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that our team members were able to make an unexpected incident easier for you. I am very pleased to read that you will return to us soon and I hope your wife is fully healed as soon as possible. I will make sure to forward your review with all our team members so we can help others, should this happen again. I will also commend the team member who helped you throughout the situation.

I look forward to welcoming you both back to the hotel in the near future. Once again, I would like to extend my best wishes to you and your wife.

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night for our 1st Wedding Anniversary, check in was easy and staff very friendly and professional. The hotel is very clean and bright, we got to our room and wasn't disappointed everything was as hoped, clean and spacious with added bonus of bath robes and slippers and complimentary water. A central hotel just a small stroll to the pubs and bars for a lovely evening in chester. Breakfast was a different matter, after being shown to our table we went to the buffet, firstly there were no clean plates so I had to ask for one, no orange juice or white bread so had to ask again. Then a 5 minute wait for a fried egg after asking two staff, then back to our table to find it had taken so long to get our breakfast that our table had been cleared so we had to wait for it to be re laid and fresh coffee ordered again. Not a pleasant start to the day and not what you would expect of a 4star hotel of this quality.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Caroline S
QMHManager, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Chester, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your experience with Crowne Plaza Chester.

I’m very pleased to read that you found your room to be of a high standard with extra finishing touches. In regard to your breakfast, I would like to extend my apologies. Your review will be used for upcoming training days with our restaurant team. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Liversedge, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We decided on the Crowne Plaza Chester as our base for a weekend break in Chester because of the good reputation of the Crowne Plaza name and the central location. We only stayed one night, and stayed in a standard double room. We were undecided at the point of booking about whether we should choose a higher grade room, however we needn't have worried as the standard rooms are very comfortable. We didn't really use any of the hotel facilities so cannot comment on these. However we found the public areas of this hotel and standard of our room to be worthy of the hotel's 4 star rating. Our room was at the upper end of our expectations for a standard room, had a well appointed bathroom and was sufficiently spacious. I found the bed to be a little too firm. Firm beds will suit some people but I prefer them to be softer. For a standard level room, it was nice to stil get complimentary robes and slippers and complimentary mineral water, in addition to the things you expect such as nice toiletries.

The reception staff were very attentive and professional and keen to ensure we had a very pleasant stay. The hotel is quite central, literally two minutes walk from bars, restaurants and other points of interest, without being so close to them as to suffer from the associated late night noise that can come from being too close. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a comfortable, centrally located base in Chester.

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing your time with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and found us to be a comfortable hotel with attentive and friendly team members. We want to make sure all our guests feel taken care of so we put extra effort into the little touches that will help with this. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just returned from weekend at Crowne Plaza and had an excellent stay. Staff very helpful, rooms immaculate and food in restaurant exceptional. DB&B rate very good value and would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in a central hotel in Chester. My only gripe is I think the WiFi access should be free to guests.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I’m very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to your liking. Your comments on WiFi have been noted and will be discussed further. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.