Open today: 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

from $10.30
from $60.51
from $9.66
More Info
All reviews till midnight wetherspoon pub devil's backbone luckily managed to get a table foregate street opening hours are great pub day trip toilets pubs round
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went in for the pizza, which was lovely and quick to arrive. Gave a four as tables were not clean nor the menus. However, the place is busy and the staff were good.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed August 27, 2019

Whilst having lunch in here earlier today a young man came in who seemed to be having difficulties, he was lost and feeling very unwell. The duty manager at the time (Sean I think) sat with the young man to calm him down for the entire time I was there. He was such a big help to the young man and even called his relatives to inform them that he was unwell, all whilst the restaurant was busy. I feel Sean deserves some kind of special recognition for this as he went above and beyond what most people would have done. It has completely restored my faith in humanity.

Reviewed August 18, 2019

When we are in the vicinity of a Wetherspoons pub we always visit and there are two in Chester, The Square Bottle is well situated close to shops but the ambience is not too good with tables set close together. We shared a bottle of Hardy's Chardonnay - good value at £10.19, cheaper than the same wine at The Bull & Stirrup Hotel - the Wetherspoons close to the Bus Interchange.

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

Order side salad and only lettuce and a couple of slices of cucumber came out !!! Shocking. Service was quick though even though the food came out before our drinks. Only had a 8 min wait

Reviewed May 27, 2019

My husband and I were looking for cheap beer and meal while in town. That was the place. We just downloaded the app, asked our food and drinks, payed online (wow!) and in a few minutes our orders arrived. We'd been there 3 nights! We had salads, fish'n;chips, buttered prawns. Evertyhting was fine. Only thing was my Hendrick's gin and tonic in which I'd like to have a slice of cuccumber, but they didn't have any cuccumber to garnish my drink. :( Pity.

Date of experience: April 2019