“a good nights rest”

Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Manchester, United Kingdom
“a good nights rest”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for a wedding reception a and the hotel was very good. Rooms were large, beds comfortable and breakfast in the Brewer fayre next door were very reasonable. The staff were friendly and efficient and the whole experience was well worth the money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Excellent value, very cheerful efficient book in from Julie, and friendly team on duty in the morning,clean, comfortable, good shower, and a good nights sleep ! That's it... exactly what was required delivered at a great price !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bathgate, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a three night stay at this Premier Inn recently, which we used as a base for exploring Chester itself and North Wales. I hadn't stayed at a Premier Inn for some years, so I was blown away by the big room, large flatscreen TV and extremely comfy bed. I only had one small issue and that was the traffic noise from the road outside (my room was opposite Sainsburys garage), but I didn't feel that was worth complaining about, as you expect that sort of thing when it's next to a main road.

We did come round one evening after being in town and found no disabled spaces available, which was no problem, as they're not guaranteed. But what was disappointing, was the fact a works van was parked in one of the disabled spaces, with no badge displayed. I know the carpark was busy, but there's no excuse for that. The staff member on reception didn't really seem bothered about it and told us there was disabled parking at the Brewers Fayre. I don't think she understood our point. The receptionist the next day had a different and positive attitude and told us the previous night's staff member really should have traced the owner and got them to move it.

We were told to book a table at the Brewers Fayre, as it can get rather busy with locals at night. The receptionist arranged this for us the night before. The rest of the time we dined elsewhere, including breakfast at Sainsburys across the road a few times.

It might look far out on the map, but it's only a 5 minute drive, 10 minute bus trip or a 30 minute walk to the city centre. A good walk on a nice clear evening. A little tip for people wanting to go into town without their car - we paid £5.40 for three people on the Stagecoach bus to the centre, then got a private hire car for the return, which cost us only £4! After Stagecoach stops running, a smaller cheaper bus takes over at £1.30 each, but be warned, it only runs every 90 minutes from the stop opposite Sainsburys, along the road to the right of the hotel.

This was my first visit to Chester and I feel I didn't even scratch the surface of the place, so I'll certainly be returning again to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IainW81
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just stayed for 3 nights with my Grandson on one of our regular road trips and short breaks to visit Chester Zoo, The Lego experience at the Trafford Centre and Gullivers World.

Room was excellent and service first class. Conveniently located across the road from Sainsbury for fuel and everything else. easy to locate off the M56.

Adjoining Brewers Fare provided excellent value food for myself and my grandson at both breakfast and dinner.

The fun centre attached was also a must to let my grandson let of steam each evening.

All in all an excellent stay at a Premier Inn that i would thoroughly recommend to all.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are clearly more accessible but all rooms I would imagine would be of the same qu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Littleborough, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I have just had a fabulous 4 night stay at the Premier Inn Chester Central - South East - Caldy Valley Road, near to Sainsbury's.Fantastic location, staff made us feel that we were really in our own home. Special thanks to Julie on arrival, Sue most afternoons on duty, simply could not do enough for us and Amy who made me wish I was 30 years younger. Pub Restaurant "Twirl of Hay" next door, very busy, excellent food, but tables too small and not enough alternatives to chips. Just down the road, about 10 minutes slow walk, is the Peacock Pub, part of the Flaming Grill group. Fantastic food, many offers, lovely convivial atmosphere. Each and every member of staff were ever so friendly and professional, but special thanks to Vicki (Team Leader) and Steph (the manageress), they were exceptional

Room Tip: Rooms round the back were lovely and quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alsace, France
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We used this hotel for a one-night stay and found that it lived up to the quality promised by the Premier Inn chain.

There were a lot of people checking in at the time we arrived, but it was good to see that there were two reception staff so our wait was only short. I would suggest that you ask for a room away from the main road if you are a light sleeper.

Our room was clean, updated (in terms of the size of the TV screen and clothes storage facilities) and the bathroom had plenty of hot water and towels.

We had breakfast in the adjacent restaurant. Faultless. Good choice of items, quality ingredients and speedy and efficient service.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to other travellers, and at the price offered when we booked, it was certainly the cheapest of any other hotel in Chester for that night, with guaranteed quality and cleanliness. Well done Premier Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went on a special deal. Standard was up to normal Premier Inn standard, which for a budget hotel I have always found to be good value. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room was as expected, clean tidy, big wall mounted tv, soap containers all full etc. - nothing worthy of complaint at all.
Room heating was turned down when we arrived (which I have found to be usual in most budget hotels), but it soon warmed up. The heating was silent during the night which meant we got a good nights sleep, which was excellent.(I have lost count of the number of hotels where there is constant noise from heating/aircon fans in the ceiling)
I would happily stay here again.
Food at pub next door was a different matter though - see seperate review.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple